Monday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 1/5/14 8:55 pm - IL

Good Morning,

I guess I am not going to work. My car starts, but we can't get out of the drive yet. Plus, I can't get into my office, since it isn't cleared either. Our office is in housing (LaSalle County Housing Auth.) and they are closed. So no plowing out.

I think I will use this day for some deep cleaning of a couple of closets. Maybe.

Has anyone else decided to stay home?

Stay warm and safe.

Hugs,

Lisa

randy777
on 1/5/14 10:09 pm - Schaumburg, IL

Cheryl's boss texted her and said she could come in if she wanted to.  They are working from home.  Just when I thought her vacation would be over and I could get busy with my routine.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

birder I.
on 1/5/14 10:41 pm - Rockford, IL

Good morning,

We decided to stay home today. It might be a day to cook--I'm thinking about it! The TV keeps saying to check on the elderly so I say to Kay " how're ya doing? And she says the same to me" Then we crack up!

otherwise, not much news here. We did go to Social last night with a guy we've known for years and got to meet his partner. The four of us had a great time together. We stayed talking almost till ten. Really fun!  

Stay warm friends,

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Phatchick
on 1/5/14 11:23 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Friends,

"Whata, whata". I dont exactly know what that means, but I know my mom would have said it, if she looked out our front window this morning. She seemed to save that catch-phrase for times like today when mere words just could not capture the essence of how crapped up things are. I let my car warm up for an hour before I left this morning, and then drove here for another hour and the ice on my wind-shield was still ever-present. The 15 below zero was a sure indicator of what to expect.

I left my house at 6:45a to get to work at 8. I got there at 7:50a. A 15 minute ride took an hour. Granted, I did not take my usual route because I heard I-80 was an ice-skating rink. The entire staff called in except the receptionists, doctor and the nurse.

Now I am done complaining.

I LOVE that Connie and Kay are checking on each other. That made me giggle.

We are thinking about where we want to go for vacation. Definitely somewhere tropical. i dont know when we will go, but I hope it's in the spring.

Well, everyone, please be safe.

Hugs,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 1/5/14 11:33 pm, edited 1/5/14 11:39 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

All of my prep work yesterday paid off.  My car started this morning with some effort.  It died twice but finally got it going.  Got to work and there was no one else there!!!!  Not one other person in the whole company that showed up.  So I called my boss and she sent me home.  So I am now all comfy cozy at home watching WGN news.

I think I am going to make home made chicken noodle soup.  It seems like a home made chicken noodle soup kinda day.  And I'm home to do it,,,so why not.

Well I am going to start my crockpot now....see you all later.  Bye

LisaTucker
on 1/6/14 1:15 am - IL

I just found out that all of our offices in the southern part of our area were closed by TCOC itself. Hopefully I get payed for New Years Day now.

Nancy G.
on 1/6/14 11:24 am - La Salle, IL

Evening All!

It is not fit for man or beast outside, but Office Max was open!  We never close even when the police tell you to stay off the roads.   About 2/3 rds of the people were no shows.  A lot come from other towns and I dont think I would have driven far today.  But we had phones ringing off the hook today so I am beat!

My car was very nice to me.  It started up right away and I had it warmed up and ready to go before I left home and work.  The roads that were not Interstate 80 were ice skating material with blowing snow.  Fun, fun.  Most things around here were closed.  

Tomorrow, it will be more of the same.  

Glad all of you are safe.  So far, our heat works and the pipes have not frozen so all is well.

Have a great Tuesday!

Cat Lady

Kim M.
on 1/6/14 12:25 pm - Poplar Grove, IL

Hi guys,

no school and no work  today or tomorrow.  So today I did a little cleaning and I crocheted an owl hat.  Finished up a scarf and did a little craft with my Christmas cards.  I'm looking forward to spending the day with Maddie and Ryan tomorrow because on Sunday I leave for Florida for 18 days.  I so don't want to go!!

on Saturday night, Maddie was at a friends house and Ryan was in bed.  I watched the movie Bridegroom.  If you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend it.  I balled my eyes out!  Such a good documentary.

i hope everyone is staying warm and safe.

kim

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1087 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5610 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5354 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5384 views
Thursday Roll Call