Thursday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 1/8/14 11:48 pm - IL

Happy Thursday to All,

I just talked to my sister in Havana, Illinois, she was getting snow. Not sure how much, but it started falling when we were on the phone.

Hubert surprised me yesterday by putting a quilt frame together for me. It is huge. Of course, I want to hand quilt a king sized quilt. I don't think this will be a fast process.

I am in an organizational mood. Over the weekend I cleared up the vanity and some other drawers in the bathroom closet. This morning, I cleaned out my night stand and one big drawer in my dresser. Also one big drawer in the file cabinet. 

Now, I want to pick up the house, exercise and see what else I want to do.

What is everyone up to today? Any big plans for the weekend?

Hugs,

Lisa

Phatchick
on 1/9/14 3:12 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Lisa and Friends,

I,  too,  have been organizing like a woman about to welp. I re-did my kitchen drawers and living room. Now I am working on my upstairs bathroom. I find for me, the best way, is to take everything out of whatever I am organizing (drawers, cabinets, closets, etc) and start all over. I was at Marshalls and they had tons of baskets and organizing units for cheap so I went wild and have been working ever since. This morning I went to open my perfectly organized linen drawer in the kitchen and felt my blood pressure rise when I saw a green extension cord stuffed in the drawer. But I thought of Connie and said sweetly to my husband, "Honey, I found the green extension cord in the linen drawer, where would you like me to place this for you to put away later?" His response, "oh, just leave it there" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I put it in the neatly organized junk drawer and felt instantly better. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It is snowing in Joliet as I look outside the clinic windows. I guess we are in for more of the white stuff.

I am hoping to get the hair cut and colored and the brows done. Other than that, I need to organize my gym bag and get back on track and start working out again everyday.

Please everyone, be safe, warm and happy.

Hugs,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 1/9/14 9:03 am, edited 1/9/14 9:19 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Well things at work are not going well for me.  All because of this awful lady...that I used to like.  I don't know what is going on with her but all of the sudden she has been stabbing me in the back.  Last week I got yelled at by my boss about not understanding my duties as it pertains to my job...what???  She went on to explain my job duties.  Then said I depend too much on this one lady and need to step up and start doing my job...again what???  I didn't know what to do or say.  I was caught off guard.  And the problem is this lady is kind of the boss's pet.  So to try to say she is lying or is after my job for whatever reason would never work.  So my only defense has been to work and do my best and hope that is good enough.  By the way I know it was her because she was over heard in my boss's office complaining about me.  Luckily for me I am pretty well liked in the office and word has gotten around what she has been doing and she is not looking good.  But the good thing is I am not stressing about it any more.  I am taking the advice of one my coworkers,...."these people are not worth my stress, my emotion and what happens...happens".   And the thing is with my car paid off I can get by fine on unemployment now...so let them fire me.  I can and will find another job if I have to....I have the important things....friends, family, loved ones. 

By the way....the way I act towards this coworker has not changed one bit.  I thought of Connie and I thought of being professional. I treat her as I always do...friendly and cordial.  As far she knows I don't know she is the one behind me getting in trouble over and over.  I am going for the kill her with kindness approach...which is totally opposite of the reaction I normally would have.  But I am trying to change my reactions to things like this.  Not to mention I think what she is doing is just horrible (I don't deserve this...I have always been very nice to her)...so I will let karma or whatever handle things for me.  I do believe if you do bad things...you can expect bad things in return. 

So that is my work situation.  Hopefully it will change.  I really liked it there.  But I am thinking about moving to Aurora...so maybe it's fate to find a job closer to Aurora. So if it happens I'm not going to boohoo about it too much.  There are people I will miss and the casual atmosphere but oh well. 

Well tonight I am making homemade cornbread.  Why???  Well believe it or not I am going to a chili cook off tomorrow at a friend's house.  I don't even like chili.  That's why I'm bringing the cornbread.  I figured just because I don't like chili doesn't mean I can't have fun....so I'm going.  Maybe I will bring Chipotle there...hahaha.  Just kidding. 

Sharon-  I never got around to joining the gym yet.  I was so busy that Saturday and then it started to snow...and then the rest was weather history.  The weather just has sucked.  But at least I have the gym right here. 

Well I will see you guys later....bye

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1087 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5610 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5354 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5384 views
Thursday Roll Call