AWOL

Phatchick
on 5/3/14 7:50 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hello Dear Ones,

First let me apologize for going AWOL. I was working 12 hour days and had on-going issues getting onto the OH site from my desk at work. So many times I had good intentions and so many times, could not connect.

Then honestly, my life was so boring, I had nothing new to say………all I did was work. My house was filthy, no more gym visits; even tho I was paying a monthly membership. No more fun, work took over everything. I was ashamed that I put work ahead of everything. I was also angry that I was letting this happen to me. Last October, I had accepted a salaried position that was extremely low paying in exchange for a 24 hour work week. Instead I was working more than twice that and was feeling had. Work became consuming and I had to let my volunteering go at my church, I stopped seeing friends, stopped working out, stopped caring about my happiness because I had to accomplish the work of 3 people instead of a part-time person. Something had to give and it did. I finally decided to resign this week.

It was hard. I have never quit a job before, especially without having another. I didn’t plan it. It just happened. Nobody was more surprised than me when I sat down to write out my thoughts to the docs who never had time to sit down and talk to me about major issues going on in their business. After several long e-mails that I kept deleting to start over again, I just finally admitted to myself I was miserable and the part time job was a full time night mare. I changed the long-winded e-mail to 2 lines and resigned.

I missed talking to you all. I haven’t even had the time to read what has been going on. Over the next couple day, I am committed to reading what has been going on in every ones’ lives.

Hugs,

Sharon

Nancy G.
on 5/3/14 10:14 am - La Salle, IL

Welcome home Sharon!

We have missed you.  I had forgotten that your job was to be a part time job!  Oh my gosh, you were putting so much time in this job.  I knew you were not getting top pay but I thought that was going to change  Boy did they take advantage of you!  So glad you decided to take care of YOU!  You did what was best for yourself!  That takes a lot of courage!  You did the right thing girl!  There will be a better job for you out there, I am sure of that!  The job scene is opening back up  

Take a breather and regroup.  You need a break after that venture!  Glad to have you back!  Hugs!

Cat Lady

berts4
on 5/3/14 1:22 pm - Rock City, IL

BIG HUGS and I am SO glad to see you! 

Re-read your post.  I could say the same about my addiction.  I am glad that you are going to take care or YOU!  WELCOME HOME!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 5/3/14 10:50 pm - Joliet, IL

Sharon

I'm so glad your back and glad you made a decision that was good for you.  I'm sure it was a difficult one.  But in the long run I'm sure it will be for the best.  You will look back and think "thank God I did what I did...what took me so long"

Phatchick
on 5/4/14 7:16 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Thanks for the love........

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1079 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views