Tuesday Roll Call

Phatchick
on 1/5/15 8:22 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Peeps,

This weather is arctic-like. My pipes didnt freeze. Yay! I guess tomorrow will be the real test. Since i got up at 430 a, the temp has dropped 5 degrees. Ugh!

Since i dont have to wor****il Thursday, I am thinking maybe i should just stay inside.

Nancy, that battery will serve you well in this weather. mine hasnt been replaced in ahile either. Enjoy Gage while hes here.

Crystal, diabetes can be controlled. G has it but pretends he doesnt. Greg sounds like he is a better patient. the cake sounded wonderful.

Connie, I guess when you are self employed, busy is a good thing.......congrats on a new venture. Has it been 6 months already?

Carla, Florida is supposed to be the only place in the lower 48 that is warm.......enjoy.

Lisa, Hubert is a dream to clean off your car. After I get  G's comuter mug ready with his coffee, i start his car for him. He is always appreciative. Its the little things....

Jason, hang in there. I am so glad you let us know whats going on so we can be here for you.

Dawn, I got a call back for that job...have u heard anything more? I dont know if I am happy or sad. It sounds stressful and its very fulltime.

Well, I am off to have another cup of java.

Stay warm!

Sharon

LisaTucker
on 1/5/15 8:57 pm - IL

Good Morning. I have been up since 4:30, worried about how much snow we got. It looks like about 5 inches, but, I could be wrong. It is a light snow, so that is a good thing. Now, if the winds pick up overnight, I may or may not be able to get to work tomorrow, since on Wed. I drive 34 miles, on mostly 2 lane roads. They blow shut in bad weather.

A dr. visit before work today. To see what the xrays on my knee and hip show. I can say they both feel much better since I have been taking the scrip.

Sharon, you are so right. We might not like our guys all the time, but we love them, and we do nice little things for them too.

Crystal. Post the flourless Chocolate Cake recipe, please. I had one but can't find it. I know it called for ground nuts, but that is all I remember.

I need some breakfast, and then to get going on my day.

Stay warm, stay safe,

Hugs,

Lisa

Watson
on 1/5/15 11:43 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Hi & good morning everyone,

As in that movie Groundhog Day, someone says: "Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.". I like that movie. Keep & stay warm everyone. I hope everyone is doing okay. Keeping busy is good, but at times oneself needs to slow down and take time to smell the roses so you wouldn't burn yourself out.

I'm doing better today Sharon your prayer helped me last night. Thank you. I'm hanging in there one way or another.

Soon I'll get a cup of java (Starbucks Frappuccino {cold coffee kind}). I had a Dannon Light & Fit Greek Caramel Macchiato yogurt for breakfast even some Cream of Wheat with milk and blueberries. Yesterday I went to Starbucks to get a Starbucks Tuxedo Hot Chocolate and boy it's good, it's a mix of hot white chocolate & hot chocolate. They even have hot white chocolate too.

Have a great day everyone.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

carlak
on 1/6/15 2:15 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi I'm chillin. Carl went for a colonoscopy yesterday. First one ever. He's ok.

I'm missing my Vinnie so I booked a flight for February 13th. To the 17th. They were having a sale of sorts.

It's about 70 here. Cold for my standards.

I'm just getting over a migraine so feeling sluggish.

My day is dragging..

Carla

s.

image hosting site

crystal M.
on 1/6/15 5:40 am - Joliet, IL

Carla-

I will be seeing my daughter in Washington state in April.  I heard the best time to buy tickets is in February.  Do you find this to be true?  DO you have any tips to get good deals.  You seem to be traveling all of the time.  I figure you would be the person to ask.

carlak
on 1/7/15 12:09 pm - Bradenton, FL

Crystal,

Ive been driving mostly. Cause then I have the use of my car. But when I fly I sometimes use Travel Zoo. They have good prices. Or check Southwest. I usually fly Sputhwest to Chicago. I know they r having a so called sale now. Also go to cheapoair. 

Also look after midnight for flights sometimes that helps!!!!

c

image hosting site

berts4
on 1/6/15 5:51 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Sharon and the rest of Illinois!

I have not heard about the last interview and will call her tomorrow if she does not call me.  I will also make sure she understands that if they chose someone else this time, I would like to be considered for any future openings.  If this does not work out, I am thinking of signing up for temp work.  I must have missed which job you are talking about.  Fill me in, please.

I am feeling more centered and spiritually fit and grateful for both.  I have a big book study tonight and a meeting with my sponsor.  There will be cake there for the celebration of 30 years for a great guy.  Not that I eat cake, but 30 years is amazing!  He is a great role model---always a kind word and willing to help.

Liv heads back on Saturday.  Her flight does not leave until 4 pm so we don't have to get up so early.  I am trying to plan a trip to visit her for her Spring Break in March with my Christmas gift from my in-laws.  I will miss having her around, but I am very proud of the beautiful, strong and smart young woman she is becoming.

Happy Anniversary Lisa and Hubert! 

That's about it for me.  Everyone stay warm!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Phatchick
on 1/7/15 5:25 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Dawn, in a nutshell:

I interviewed for a position to do billing for a single physician who's a vascular surgeon. At the interview I learned his entire family works for him and they dont know how to bill or use the electronic medical record system they just bought. They want me to come in and train everyone and manage the billing deaprtment. I thought it would be a small billing position but it turns out it is a big job with lots of stress and hours...........pocketbook says yes, my recovery says no. 

berts4
on 1/7/15 10:39 am - Rock City, IL

I have been taught that whatever you put ahead of your recovery, you will ultimately lose.  Also to guard your recovery from harm as you would an infant.  Good luck, much love is being sent to you!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views