Monday Roll Call

birder I.
on 1/11/15 11:17 pm - Rockford, IL

HI friends,

Off to Madison today to hang out with our friends! Just love that group. Glad the artic blast appears to be somewhat over and it's just normal cold. Those bitter days the shop was full of friends hanging out by the fire, knitting and crocheting. Easier to be cold with friends than home alone annoyed at the weather!

Had a weird experience last night--ended up throwing up after eating what I considered a normal dinner. It was just like way back in the beginning. Then I felt great. Oh well--always a new experience!

My ex husband is dying of cancer and the kids are sad. I talked to my daughter last night (she spent her whole Christmas break with him). I feel helpless --it's just a part of life but it's their first really big loss and even though they are adults (46,42 and 38) it's really hard. Their dad is a pretty funny guy and they'll miss all the jokes and laughter.

Take it easy everyone and drive safely in this variable weather!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Phatchick
on 1/12/15 12:59 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Connie,

The sun today makes up for the awful cold we have had.

I've had some weird barfing too Connie. If I eat soemthing like chocolate, I have to upchuck. Had cake last night and it happened. I try to look at it as a good thing....but its still gross. My other problem has been GERD. Garlic and onions do me in about 6 hours after i eat them. I know we are not supposed to have any bubbles. I had a club soda one night and paid the price. About 6 hours later the GERD was so bad I almost called 911. i still have the GERD inspite of taking a pill for it daily.

It's hard losing a parent. I was 54 and it was difficult.

Today I am home with my hubby. He surprised me and took off for my birthday. So instead of swimming my one mile today as planned, I have put it off for a day.

Went out for a surprise dinner with the babies and kids yesterday. Lovely!

Enjoy!

Sharon

crystal M.
on 1/12/15 1:37 am, edited 1/12/15 1:38 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Well this weekend was a busy one.  Saturday we went out and ran some errands.  I bought a Groupon for a indoor mini golf thing and thought this would be a good way to get out of the house and have some fun (and cheap).  It was fun.  I'm not very good but hey...who cares.  We went out for late lunch/dinner and went home.  Sunday we were at church half of the day.  And then we went to a wake a family friend of his died.  And there went our Sunday...we didn't get home till after 5pm....considering we left the house at 7am.  It was a long day.

I am having trouble with a friend.  She seems to be having a hard time with me not being single anymore.  It seems like any time I make a big life change I always have someone that gives me a hard time.  Like when I lost weight...I lost two friends.  I guess I will end up losing friends that only like "single" Crystal.  There are things I am not able to do anymore because I don't have as much free time and I am saving money for a few big expenses coming up so I can't go out like I used to.  For lunch maybe...but these jewelry making and going out to shows is just not in my budget right now.  And that's not acceptable.  Oh well.  A trip to see Amanda, my wedding and a house is more important!!! 

Connie- I am sorry your family will be dealing with such a hard loss. 

Sharon- Happy Birthday!!!

Stay warm all....see you all later.

berts4
on 1/12/15 6:08 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Connie and the rest of Illinois!

Sorry to hear about your ex, Connie.  Losing a parent is hard on everyone, no matter what age.  Just continue to love them.

We took Liv back to the airport on Saturday and I have been on the pity-pot occasionally ever since.  I went to a meeting today and that put me in my place, feeling bad about my luxury problems.  I feel somewhat better.  When I got home, Olivia contacted me about her tuition.  She did not listen in November when we told her that she would need to get a loan and now she has hard choices to make.  I can cash in more of my retirement, but she will have to borrow it from me, I just can't afford to give it all away.  This is also tearing me up as I want to be able to help her more.  Oh well......it's only money.

I need to get down and find something to make for dinner.  I have to get "back on the wagon" and lose this gain.  It is true that my addictive personality will switch to whatever is handy.  I just don't know how to find that balance.  I will keep trying though.

Everyone have a great evening!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Watson
on 1/12/15 10:31 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Hi Connie,

Sorry to hear about you're ex husband. May God watch over you, your family and watch his family in the time of need. It is really hard to loss someone in the family let alone a parent. May God bless you, your family and his family.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5365 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5400 views