Wednesday roll call

birder I.
on 3/17/15 11:11 pm - Rockford, IL

Hi friends,

Last night Kay had bunko so I went to Social alone. They had the best formed beef I've ever tasted! Of course I couldn't eat much but we'll enjoy the rest tonight! Then some bagpipers came in and played a couple of pieces. It was awesome. I felt like I was back in Dublin. Such fun!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

LisaTucker
on 3/18/15 12:15 am - IL

Good Morning,

I am at work, and it is quiet. No clients yet, and no phone calls.

We had our corned beef and cabbage too. I made a 3.5 lb one, and it really was good. There is enough left over for some sandwiches for Hubert for lunch for a couple of days.

No plans for the next few days, except work. 

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 3/18/15 12:35 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am almost back to normal.  I am still a bit tender in the arm but my shoulder is practically pain free.  I am thinking that is because it took the brunt of the force when I hit the door from the side. 

Greg is thinking that we can put off me buying a car till the end of the year if I learn to drive stick.  He's got two cars and I can drive one his.  He said he would rather me drive his Jeep Wrangler then his sports car...because if I happen to get in another accident chances are I would win...LOL.  He's funny. 

Well today I have to go to Walgreens.  I am making chilli today. 

Oh and in two weeks I will see Amanda!!!!  YAY!!!

Well back to work all....have a good day.

Phatchick
on 3/18/15 5:23 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Connie and Friends,

I have posted twice in the last week or so and both times either I or the OH system didnt compute my responses so here we go again......

Crystal I am so glad you are ok. Cars and things can be replaced, people cannot. Don't let the enemy steal your joy. Accidents happen, that's life...plain and simple. I and we all are blessed you are practically unscathed.

My clothes are getting big and it's time to shop in my closet. I found some things that should get me through til I lose another 15 or so pounds. It's funny how much my taste has changed. Things I held onto that I wanted so badly to wear again, just dont appeal to me anymore. Even stuff purchased at the end of season last year at a great price that I longed to finally wear seem not me. It's funny how the 9 months in that step study have changed my prospective on the outside as well as the inside. I also went from 10 years of having very dark burgandy brown hair to light burgandy blonde hair and now all my pink and purple tops just dont suit me. Hello blue and green!

I am working tomorrow. I really like that job.

I am off to get some gas and get something for dinner. I am finding the best way for me to lose weight is sticking to light basic fare. I am eating alot of home made soups that fill me and make me happy. Right now veggie is my fave. A big pot lasts all week for me and its a great go to when I am in a pinch or all of a sudden feel hungry. It satisfies.

Hugs dear ones,

Sharon

ChristineB
on 3/18/15 6:45 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Basically a boring day at work.

Off to go read.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

berts4
on 3/18/15 8:17 am - Rock City, IL

Good evening Connie and the rest of Illinois!

I had my usual appointment in Rockford this morning and an interview at the new Meijer store this afternoon.  I was hired to work as a General Merchandise Clerk in Seasonal....Garden Center, Floral and Holiday Displays.  It is for practically no money and part time, but so what!  It is more than I am making now and it sounds fun.  I am no stranger to opening new businesses and I can always work my way up if I wish.  At this point in my life, I will take fun over stress any day.  I understand that when a new business opens, they hire 500 when they really want 250.  They know that many will not make the cut.  I'm pretty sure my husband will not agree with my point of view, but, he is not me. 

I had a great trip and was sorry to come back.  I really, really want to move to a warmer climate so that is also on my bucket list.  Meijer has stores in warmer climates.......  I really enjoyed driving on my own.  I never thought I would say that, but I enjoyed my own company!

I have not had a chance to read all of your adventures while I was away.  I hope you are all well.  I DID see on Facebook that Crystal's car was wrecked, but as long as she is well, all is good.  Sometimes, these things happen so that we may be appreciative of miracles.

I made a really small piece of corned beef and have enough left for at least one more meal.  It was delicious yesterday!

One other note.......today marks one years since I was released from treatment.  My, how things have changed! 

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Phatchick
on 3/20/15 12:43 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Dawn,

You are my hero! A wonderful example of strength and determination to me and others.

Congrats on the new venture!!!!!!!!! I realized something about 2 months into my step study.....there is a new normal. Working in a stressful environment managing corporations and being so stressed that i couldnt be happy was the old normal. The new normal is making less money, a ton less. But seeing where it leads and embracing the here and now are stress free. It took 6 months for my husband to get on board. He still is trying to wrap his mind around who I am now professionally, which is; a gal working in food service.  I dont know where i am going, but since I am focused on only today and God knows, that is all that counts. 

Hugs Dear One,

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1075 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5603 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5346 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5373 views