Monday Roll Call

Phatchick
on 4/6/15 12:48 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Friends,

I am looking forward to a nice day. It looks mild and the sun is trying to shine through the semi cloudy day here.

We got a lovely surprise announcement at dinner yesterday. Katie, my daughter is pregnant. It will be their 3rd. She has lost a couple in the past couple years, so I know they are excited but cautiously optimistic. She is 37 and their youngest is 4 so they have been trying for awhile. They already had an ultrasound and saw a strong heartbeat, so it looks good so far. I for one, am looking forward to a Halloween baby.

Church was awesome yesterday. G and I found others to greet this month, so we were able to just go and enjoy the service.

It is my usual monday....laundry.

Hugs to everyone.

Sharon

LisaTucker
on 4/6/15 1:00 am - IL

Happy Monday,

We had a very nice time yesterday at Annette's. We were home by 6:30. Today, I am trying to do some housecleaning, and a few other things, so tomorrow I can leave early for my visit with my cousin Cynthia. She had gastric by-pass last April, and had loads of problems. She still is having problems with her health, not with losing weight.

The Liheap program is compleatly done in Illinois for this year. Not sure if there will be a program in the fall. I shall wait and see.

Nancy, I hope you are feeling better.

Sharon, congrats, it will be Halloween quicker then you think.

Welcome home Crystal.

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 4/6/15 2:33 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Yes I'm back...it wasn't near long enough.  There was so much more we could have done.  And the weather pretty much behaved for us...almost no rain at all. 

I will be super tired I am sure.  It just hasn't hit yet.  We didn't get in till late and by them we got home and to bed it was after 1am.  But so far I seem fine. 

For Easter breakfast I showed Amanda how to make a Quiche.  We made two....one with meat, one with out.  It was a brunch.  We had to be on our way by 3pm.  So we just hung out at her place and ate and talked.  It was a nice visit.  Washington is definitely a place I wouldn't mind living one day.  I would rather deal with rain than snow. 

Sharon- congrats on becoming a grandma a again.  And in October...Amanda's birthday is in October.  Best birthday month ever. 

Well back to work...and have a great day all.   

ChristineB
on 4/6/15 9:58 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

So happy that you had an enjoyable time in Seattle. Davey Pooh and I are so looking forward to going back. I booked a tour to the Boeing Plant last evening. It is Dave's dream to go there. My wish is to take the ferry to Bainbridge Island among other things. Like, the Space Needle again (if we do not go there at least we have been there before), Pike Place Market again, China Town, The Underground, Museum of Flight . . . The neat thing about all of these is that they are all within walking distance of our hotel except Boeing. We get PU at the hotel door for that. We have so many things that we want to do that we will run out of time before we get on the ship. Oh well, I guess we will just need to take a trip back there and do them.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 4/6/15 11:05 pm - Joliet, IL

Yes!!!  There are so many things to do.  We did a chocolate tour at Theo chocolate.  That was fun and interesting and yummy.  But one thing we did that was awesome we drove around the whole Olympic peninsula.  We stopped several times to see the beaches and mountains and forest preserves and of course I stopped to see Forks (home of the book Twilight).  It took ALL day.  From morning till late night.  But it was some of the most gorgeous scenery I have ever seen. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1075 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5603 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5347 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5373 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5409 views