A C.’s Posts

A C.
on 4/4/06 1:52 am
Topic: RE: TIPS ON AVOIDING COMPLICATIONS W/BAND
Hi Naomi, You always post so much wonderful & useful information! I thank you! I hope to be banded soon! Like everyone else, I am very nervous but very ready! I will print your post and add it to my folder. Thanks again, Ann
A C.
on 4/3/06 4:28 am
Topic: RE: Tomorrow is the big day.............
Hi Beth, I said a prayer for you today. I am not yet banded but hope to be in the next few months. I can only imagaine how excited yet scared you must be. I'm sure you'll do wonderful! Since I stared this journey I don't think I have slept one night! If I am this excited now, can you imagaine how I'll feel when I am where you are now?!?!? Good luck and we all look forward to reading your post once you're on the losing side. Hugs to ya, Ann
A C.
on 3/28/06 10:43 pm
Topic: RE: Is 100 enough?
Thank you all so much for your post. The problem is - I do feel like his practice is more for the Gastric Bypass patience. However, there are no doctors around me who take my insurance. There are others that I would prefer to use but I don't have that option because if I used one of them I would have to "self pay." Nancy - I am familiar with Dr. Ponce. I actually went to him 3 years ago for a consult. I was denied by insurance at that time. Then I found out he wasn't in my network for insurance. I was comfortable with him and thought he seems very knowledgeable about Lap Band. I guess on top of being so nervous anyway, I am spending countless hours worrying about what doctor I can chose. I suppose I have to trust that this doctor knows what's he'd doing or not have the surgery. I think that is my only two choices at this time. Mona - good luck to you. Sounds kind of like we're in the same boat! Let me know how it works out for you. Thanks for the advice about he after care. I have to check into that.... I love having you guys to chat with - it really helps! Ann
A C.
on 3/28/06 12:59 am
Topic: RE: Is 100 enough?
Hello Everyone, I just called my doctor's office (I forgot to ask at the seminar) to see how many Lap Band's he as done and I was told "about 100" My question is - is that enough for me to feel comfortable? He is the only doctor in my area who accepts my insurance but I want to feel comfortable. Thanks, Ann Mareitta, Ga.
A C.
on 3/27/06 3:18 am
Topic: RE: How do I know...
Hello Everyone, I am hoping to have Lap Band soon. I have attended my seminar and woring on my paperwork. My doctor (and the other 4 in the pratice) all do Gastric as well as Lap Band. They do, it seems, less Lap Band then Gastric... I just wonder how many Lap Band surgeries they have done. How do I find out? That may sound like a silly question but I really would like to know. Thanks for any help you can give. Ann Marietta, Ga.
A C.
on 3/24/06 4:05 am
Topic: RE: Lap Band questions
Hello, I attended the seminar on Tuesday with Dr. Duncan in Atlanta, Ga. I am hoping to have Lap Band surgery soon. I know this was the first step on many! I am ready to being my journey! Just wondering if any of you were "banded" by Dr. Duncan and his group? If so, I would love to hear your comments about the whole experience. Also, even if you used a different doctor, I'd love to hear your comments about the "band" in general. I have read & researched and I am sure this is what I want to do. Needless to say, I am nervous but excited! Here are a few questions (but any comments are welcome) 1. I'm a little confused on one thing - are you supposed to eat foods that will not go directly thur the band? Foods that are more solid and would take more time to pass thru? Is this what makes you feel full? 2. Do they go thru your belly button to place the band? 3. I am SO worried about hair loss. I have a head full and I want to keep it I have read all about taking the supplements but I wondered it you had experienced this? 4. Do you have problems eatting at "normal" resturants? I look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks in advance for the info. Ann Marietta
A C.
on 3/24/06 3:33 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Duncan for LAP BAND, anyone
Hello, I attended the seminar on Tuesday with Dr. Duncan. I am hoping to have Lap Band surgery soon. I know this was the first step on many! I am ready to being my journey! Just wondering if any of you were "banded" by Dr. Duncan and his group? If so, I would love to hear your comments about the whole experience. Also, even if you used a different doctor, I'd love to hear your comments about the "band" in general. I have read & researched and I am sure this is what I want to do. Needless to say, I am nervous but excited! Here are a few questions (but any comments are welcome) 1. I'm a little confused on one thing - are you supposed to eat foods that will not go directly thur the band? Foods that are more solid and would take more time to pass thru? Is this what makes you feel full? 2. Do they go thru your belly button to place the band? 3. I am SO worried about hair loss. I have a head full and I want to keep it I have read all about taking the supplements but I wondered it you had experienced this? 4. Do you have problems eatting at "normal" resturants? I look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks in advance for the info. Ann Marietta
Most Active