A C.’s Posts

A C.
on 8/2/06 5:22 am
Topic: RE: Medical Code for Lap Band
   Thanks everyone!!! I called BCBS and they told me they do cover 43770 under my policy so I don't see what the problem is..... I just have to wait for them to reply to my doctor in writing. Man this gets old...feel like my life is at a stand still right now however, I know for sure it will all be worth is one day, right? I love this board - thanks guys! hugs, Ann
A C.
on 8/2/06 1:59 am
Thank you all so much for your replies. I called my doctor's office and they tell me that's the code they use so I don't understand why BCBS says that it's not covered?  I am so tired of this!!!!!!!!!   I will keep fighting to be a loser! I'll act like the RED HEAD my husband always says I am!!!  :) I can promise you guys one thing, if I don't get approved it will not be because I didn't give it all I had! hugs, Ann
A C.
on 8/2/06 1:19 am
Hello, Can any of you confirm the medical code for Lap Band? Is it 43770? I am putting up a fight with my insurance company! Thanks, Ann
A C.
on 8/1/06 7:23 am
Topic: RE: APPROVED!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!! You'll be a loser soon....great for you!!! hugs, Ann
A C.
on 8/1/06 6:53 am
Topic: RE: Please give me advise, thanks.
Thanks so much for the replies.... I am told by BCBS that it's up to my husband's employer to cover or not to cover and they do not cover Lap Band. If this is the case, would an appeal do me any good? Sorry, I know I have lots of questions! Thanks, Ann
A C.
on 8/1/06 6:01 am
Topic: RE: Please give me advise, thanks.
Hello everyone, For those of you *****ad my post earlier....you know I've been fighting this battle with BCBS since March... I just found out the only 2 surgeries that BCBS covers (under my policy) is Gastric and Vertical Banded Gastroplasty. That makes no sence to me but what do I know?? I know NOTHING about Vertical Banded Gastroplasty and I do not want Gastric. I have searched the VBG on line but in a nut shell can any of you tell me about it? I am just so sad... Thanks, Ann
A C.
on 8/1/06 2:31 am
Topic: RE: This can not be!!!!!!!!!!!
This just CAN NOT be happening!!! I am literally sick to my stomach!! I have been trying since March to get approved for Lap Band. Two weeks ago I received a call from my surgeon's office telling me I was approved. Needless to say, I was SO happy!!! A few days later I received a call telling me BCBS approved me for the wrong surgery!! SOOOOOO, my surgeons resubmitted everything and today I am told by BCBS that Lap Band is not covered under my policy?!?!?! The funny thing is...when I first started this process I called BCBS to confirm my policy covered "Bariatric Surgery" and I was told it did and it did not matter which surgery!! Now I am waiting to hear back from the person in charge of insurance at my husband's place of employment. I just want to scream, I am so aggravated! I just want to get on with my life! I'm so tired of being jerked around by insurance!! Sorry, I just need to vent. Thanks for listening! Hugs, Ann
A C.
on 7/31/06 6:04 am
Topic: RE: what cartoon character are you?
OMG - Spongebob Square Pants - OMG That was really cute! Ann
A C.
on 7/28/06 1:25 am
Topic: RE: I want to CRY!
Hello everyone, I made a post a few days ago that I WAS APPROVED!!!! I felt like a teenager in love, waiting for my boyfriend to call (when I was waiting for the doctor's office to call) So Wednesday evening, the phone rings and it's my doctor's office telling me........... MY INSURANCE APPROVED ME FOR GASTRIC AND NOT LAP BAND SO WE HAVE TO RESUBMIT!!!!!!!! I am just numb right now! As most of you know, this is such a long process and every time I think I am one step closer, I have to take two steps back!!! I have BCBS...has this happened to any of you? Advice? I don't know if they're just playing games or what but I am really tired! I know, have patience's........ I am and have been for 4 months! Thanks for letting me bent! Hugs, Ann
A C.
on 7/26/06 2:38 am
Topic: RE: Recipes
Thanks Vicki!! I watch for the post from Bridget S I found the one she sent this morning...sounds really good!! hugs, Ann
A C.
on 7/26/06 1:58 am
Topic: RE: Recipes
Hello everyone, Just received my approval last Friday so I'll be a loser soon! I was wondering if there is a certain place on this site to find good recipes for us "bandsters" Thanks for any info. you may have. Hugs to all, Ann
A C.
on 7/26/06 1:56 am
Topic: RE: Family of Bandsters on Today show....
Good for you...glad you caught the show. I would love to have seen it. I will look on their web site and try to find it. Thanks for sharing! I also wonder why they didn't mention "fills" Ann
A C.
on 7/26/06 1:53 am
Topic: RE: I Been Approved ..
Hi Eddie, Good for you!! I was just approved last Friday so I am waiting on my "date" We'll be losers soon! Best wishes! Hugs, Ann
A C.
on 7/25/06 5:00 am
Topic: RE: Why, why why do I do this.........
Hi Evelyn, Let me start by saying you are beautiful!! You should be really proud of your self for losing 60 pounds!! That is GREAT! TRY NOT TO BEAT YOUR SELF UP!! Yes I know you're probably thinking....that's easy for me to say! I am not banded yet but I have my approval so I am just waiting on my "date" At least you know what you need to do so just think of losing the rest of your weight and get back on track. Next year this time you'll really be a hottie!! We know you can do it, you've already proved that! Maybe you do need a little more restriction? Have you ask your doctor about it? I wish you all the luck in the world! I can't wait to be where you are! hugs, Ann
A C.
on 7/25/06 12:50 am
Topic: RE: I have a date!!
Hi Susan, Congrats!!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine how excited, happy, afraid, you must be. It's normal to have all those different emotions I am sure. I can't wait to be where you are. Take care and please keep us posted. hugs, Ann
A C.
on 7/24/06 12:52 am
Topic: RE: I am APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello everyone, Just wanted to tell some body - got a call Friday and I AM FINALLY APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!! Some of you know how it seems like forever waiting on an answer...I will be a loser soon!! Hugs, Ann
A C.
on 7/7/06 10:30 am
Topic: RE: Amazing Difference 0.05cc's
Hi Alyssa, So glad to hear you're feeling. I've been reading your post and keeping up with your progress I'm pre op...waiting on insurance...know how fun that can be! Take care and I'm so glad your better! Ann
A C.
on 7/7/06 5:39 am
Topic: RE: Got Surgery Date!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! We're thinking of ya... I can't wait to be where you are! hugs, Ann
A C.
on 7/6/06 4:03 am
Topic: RE: Mainboard moron!
Hi Kate, Thanks for trying....I tried to find the post but I must have looked over it... Take care, Ann
A C.
on 7/5/06 11:30 pm
Topic: RE: GOOD MORNING - I AM IN THE 220s
Good for you! I can only imagine how excited you must be! Thanks for sharing.... I can't wait to be where you are! Your beautiful, happy, healthy...what more does a girl need........DON'T ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ann
A C.
on 7/5/06 10:39 am
Topic: RE: Isopure / Propel
Sorry for the double post!!!!
A C.
on 7/5/06 10:37 am
Hello everyone, I bought several flavors of Isopure to start trying so when it's my BIG DAY I'll be ready! Just wondering what some of your favorite flavors were.... Yes, I know we all like different flavors but I'd still like your opinions. Today I tried the grap flavor..not too bad but has a bitter after taste IMO. Also, I bought some Propel...really good IMO. In a 33 ounce bottle there's a total of 40 calories and 9 grams of sugar.... Can someone tell me if this is OK? Of coure I know nothing can or should replace our water! I just thought the Isopure was a great way to help get the protein. I think my biggest fear is losing my hair!! I have lots of it and I'd like to keep it that way!!! (((hugs))) Ann
A C.
on 7/5/06 10:37 am
Hello everyone, I bought several flavors of Isopure to start trying so when it's my BIG DAY I'll be ready! Just wondering what some of your favorite flavors were.... Yes, I know we all like different flavors but I'd still like your opinions. Today I tried the grap flavor..not too bad but has a bitter after taste IMO. Also, I bought some Propel...really good IMO. In a 33 ounce bottle there's a total of 40 calories and 9 grams of sugar.... Can someone tell me if this is OK? Of coure I know nothing can or should replace our water! I just thought the Isopure was a great way to help get the protein. I think my biggest fear is losing my hair!! I have lots of it and I'd like to keep it that way!!! (((hugs))) Ann
A C.
on 7/5/06 1:42 am
Topic: RE: 70% of Body Fat Gone!!!
Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to be where you are!!!!! Ann
Most Active