jenstime’s Posts

jenstime
on 5/22/19 9:34 pm
Topic: RE: Been years since I have been on here, Lap-band and basically 10 yrs out

I hadn't been to the site in years either. I feel so bad that I'm still so focused on weight instead of life. Such a down feeling knowing you tried a long time to do this the right way but because you're unable to know what you can eat consistently (other then bad foods..heck those seem no prob most of the time).

I appreciate you responding. I feel so alone in my situation. No one seems to understand they think I'm just eating a lot but I'm not I bought a fit bit and have tracked my food and such and I walk 37 miles a week. Plus did some stairs and logged my food and with eating bad I'm putting in 1600-1800 calories...I had a hysterectomy last Oct and ever since I've packed on (now) 55 lbs. I never even got below 200 lbs.

Good luck with the rest of your journey. At least you are stable for now.

Thanks

Jen

JEN M.            
jenstime
on 5/22/19 9:31 pm
Topic: RE: Been years since I have been on here, Lap-band and basically 10 yrs out

I hadn't been to the site in years either. I feel so bad that I'm still so focused on weight instead of life. Such a down feeling knowing you tried a long time to do this the right way but because you're unable to know what you can eat consistently (other then bad foods..heck those seem no prob most of the time).

I appreciate you responding. I feel so alone in my situation. No one seems to understand they think I'm just eating a lot but I'm not I bought a fit bit and have tracked my food and such and I walk 37 miles a week. Plus did some stairs and logged my food and with eating bad I'm putting in 1600-1800 calories...I had a hysterectomy last Oct and ever since I've packed on (now) 55 lbs. I never even got below 200 lbs.

Good luck with the rest of your journey. At least you are stable for now.

Thanks

Jen

JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/24/19 9:40 pm

Thank you for your response. I have decided to have it checked again just to make sure. I am hoping that by going and talking to the doc perhaps something can be done. It is just frustrating. I feel like I did this for nothing...but am trying to keep a good outlook none the less.

Best wishes on the next leg of your journey!

Jen

JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/11/19 8:04 pm
Topic: RE: 10 years post op

I feel like this is my story for the most part. I too am having eating issues. One day I can have food no problem, next day I am throwing up milk..miserable. I miss being able to actually eat food and not worrying about it. I hope you are able to go through the process and it all works out for you!!

Thanks,

Jen

JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/11/19 8:02 pm

I can't even begin to say how sad it is that I sit here and almost weigh in at what I weighed pre-band. I have days where I can eat, days where I can't. Never know from one day to the next. Sometimes I toss up even milk, other days I can eat a dry salad like nothing...it makes things tough. I can't really eat fibrous veggies, can't eat most meats most of time. I had an exam done a couple years ago and was recommended to do a reversal (different insurance from when I started) my new ins of course provides no weight loss coverage, whatsoever. When I had seen the Doc. he said that I shouldn't have more fluid removed because it would cause me to gain more weight...well in the last year I have gained almost 50lbs. I had to have a hysterectomy and of course that ballooned me up...just down. After my surgery my husband left me for another lady and my band experience declined as I was a single mom, and then going to school and no money whatsoever. I did overcome these things and finally got back down to 208 lbs. never below 200 :-( Now I am almost 260...

Anyone have any luck taking all fluid out and trying to weight loss on there own? I miss being able to actually eat and have energy. I walk over 12,000 steps a day and try to eat right when I can eat. I do have a bad habit of sweets when I can't eat anything else. (nothing else stays down) just seeing if anyone else is having these issues.

Thanks!

JEN M.            
jenstime
on 6/26/11 9:19 am
Topic: RE: Trying to get back on track. Suggestions?
I am not sure what your issues are, but I understand the feeling of being humiliated. I had to change Docs a year into my program because mine moved away. My new Doc. makes me feel like a failure...I had lost some weight on my own before the band, and then lost 40+ more with it, but haven't been able to lose anymore in a year and now, I've gained weight. (had some fluid removed last Nov. due to too much stress in my life...mistake I guess) anyway, just know you aren't alone. If you need that care...try to get it! Good luck.
Jen
jenstime
on 5/16/11 4:48 am
Topic: RE: Banded 12-08 and in need of help
Thank you everyone for your wonderful, and thoughtful advice. It always helps knowing I am not alone! I will def. put some of these into affect. I am actually going to make up a food journal log again, to help keep track of foods and water intake for a couple wks. then once I've got that down, I'll try to incorporate the exercise. Some really great advice...I will keep coming here for support and advice, thanks everyone!
Jen
jenstime
on 5/16/11 12:52 am
Topic: RE: Insurance??
Sanstrue,
It would be helpful to know what State you live in, that way someone who may live near you can help you out! Best of luck to you! BTW I live in OR and the only way Medicaid covers WLS of any kind (I believe they only cover RNY) is if you have diabetes. Other than that, OR has a strict policy re: WLS. Goodluck, most States aren't that complicated...
jenstime
on 5/16/11 12:47 am
Topic: RE: Banded 12-08 and in need of help
For those of you just beginning do not read this and get discouraged, as a matter of fact, don't read it...everyone is different and MANY people do extremely well with the band...that being said...
I am struggling, but it's due to a lot of issues going on.
I had some fluid removed in Nov. of 2010. I was having a lot of stress going on, going through Divorce, dealing with Parents disabilities and being the only one around to help them, having 4 fab. boys to take care of, trying to figure out monies (or lack of lol) and being a full time student in College...so Doc. decided it was best to take out a bit of fluid, here is the thing, he didn't take out a ton of fluid, I honestly can't remember how much now, but it didn't seem like a lot, but by the time I went for the fluid removal I was already on a road of bad eating habits as I couldn't eat much protien. Once my Divorce was final, I lost my Ins. I do not have the money to go have fluid put back in and have gained from 208 back up to the 230's since removal. My band hasn't totally worked for me anyway, they say I was a success, but I feel much like a failure.  I began my journey at 298 and I lost to 267 on my own during the 6 mos. diet before hand, it took me until summer of 2010 to get to 220 and then depression helped me get to 208 and obviously that turned around and became eating...If I had Ins. I'd look into revision, since I do not, I need some motivation, some inspiration and some advice if you can offer any.
Here are the things I am currently working on and KNOW that I needed to change, water consumption, I have really laxed on that, with winter comes too much coffee (sugar free creamer tho) for some time when my stress levels were super high, I wasn't able to eat protien (meat) so I began eating more vegs. and salads and such, and haven't been able to incorp. as much protien that's needed, I did try to have prot. every a.m. by having prot. shakes again. I feel always hungry, munchy even...
Also, with exercise, I am so very busy that mostly I am stuck on a computer all day, with household chores and such I feel so exhausted...I KNOW I need to get out there and at least walk, in all honesty, it's the last thing I feel like doing...
If you have some encouragement, of any kind please let me know. I am at a point of tossing in the towel...I am just too tired to care...I wish you all the best and always hope everyone is doing better than me!! Take care.
Jen M.
jenstime
on 6/26/10 9:05 am
Topic: RE: Protein shakes
I use ice in my protein shakes, usually half ice and the other half water or nonfat milk.  Makes it kind of like a shake.  Also, I add vanilla protein and sometimes choc. to my coffee in the a.m.  get it in something warm that way, if you do this though mix w/ a little water or milk before hand.  Goodluck.
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 5/22/10 2:26 am
Topic: RE: Question
Hello Priscilla!
Well from my experience it's usually the insurance that requires a 6 mos. supervised diet, I did protein shakes and exercise  with my Doc's permission and she had me check in each mos. for a weigh in and diet advice.  I called my Ins. company and they gave me the requirements for the lap band coverage, how I found out about the 6 mos. in the first place.  I also had to show proof of being obese for at least the last 3 yrs. (which I had been much longer)  you can use medical records to prove that, or logs for curves or such. 
Now for the Surgeon I had to do 2 wks. liquids prior to surgery, to shrink the liver, that diet for me was slimfast 2X a day with all the vegies I could eat (w/out butter and only vinegar, lemon type dressings of course)
I hope everyone here has been able to answer your question...goodluck!!
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 4/17/10 5:51 am
Topic: RE: To fill or not to fill..........
Definately a decision for you and your Doctor to make, but with that being said...I'd pay close attn. to how you feel, how you eat etc. the next couple of days and if you think you can handle it, go ahead and wait.  Some people lose weight without ever having put a drop in their band...others, like myself must have that restriction. I can tell you this much, unless you have a Doc. whose willing to give you an agressive fill, you won't have a ton of restriction with your first fill anyway.  It's a pretty personal choice, I couldn't wait to have my first fill now I am 16 mos. out and sometimes wonder if I should've held off a bit, but too late for that. 
As for drinking, I'd go with what your Doc. says...I can drink up to the point of eating, after that I wait 30 min. to an hour. But those are MY DOC.s rules...you'll do great with this band...you are keeping yourself well informed!! Way to go!!
Jen
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/24/10 2:37 am
Topic: RE: Its been a while
Thank you, thank you, thank you...I needed this today...very good positive outlook!!!
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/23/10 5:56 am
Topic: RE: good fish recipes?
thanks so much for the responses!!  Definately will give all these a try...I have some salmon and tilapia..will try to let you all know what a none fishy eater thinks!! ttyl
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/23/10 5:55 am
This sounds great!! I will def. have to try...thanks.
jen m
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/23/10 5:46 am
Topic: RE: A craving...substitutions PLEASE
Only thing I can think of is buying a small pkg. of sf cookies, and some nf yogurt and maybe some vanilla protien powder and making a shake...maybe...goodluck...I usually have to give in to that urge or I eat more than I want...take care.
Jen M.
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/22/10 7:45 am
Hmm I have baked Halibut that I've liked never really saute before, I'll give it a go.  Thanks a bunch!!
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/22/10 7:44 am
I will have to write this down and try it, pricey, maybe a small one :-) Thanks.
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/22/10 7:24 am
Anyone have an idea about good fish recipes.  I am not a huge fan of fresh fish, but decided it was time to impliment it and give  a go...so if you could send me a link or something it would be grately appreciated!
Take care.
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/22/10 7:22 am
Topic: RE: Ok, let me have it...I need a pep talk
Well I too have stepped into a seeminly similar puddle.  I wil tell you what my Doc. told me, get a handle on it or you'll be back to where you started.  I don't want to be where I was, I want to be better than I am now.  He definately didn't sugar coat it for me.  I liked my Old Doc. better, he understood obese ppl. because his family was obese, but my newer Doc. he's a tiny bean pole and doesn't totally understand what we go through...the only real advice I can give you is what I try to tell myself.  Get up and dust yourself off, start anew tomorrow.  You know what needs to be done especially if you are to ever get to goal...you've done well thus far, and you will do well again...step by step, bite by bite and exercise, exercise, exercise.  Best of luck to you and I wish you well!!
Jen M.
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/22/10 3:51 am
Topic: RE: Therapy and foods
Thanks for sharing, it helps to see what others eat, I've already gotten some great ideas from everyone and I am 15 mos out!!  Thanks again!
Jen M.
jenstime
on 3/22/10 3:47 am
Topic: RE: OT - for the married folks.... issues???
I think it sounds like some insecurities on his part, a therapist is a good idea, hopefully he will open up and be honest so you guys can work through this.  I too have a supportive husband, but I have noticed here and there him complaining that he can't take me out to eat anymore or that he doesn't want me to get too thin.  I will get as thin as I want (I hope) and as far as eating out, I do miss it sometimes, but not enough to change.  Someone said that you have to be a bit selfish to get healthier and I believe this is true.  Perhaps including him in your Gym and him going with you will help? Perhaps he just likes you a little large?  It's hard to say, but i hope you both can work through this.  It's hard enough to keep marriages together in a everyday lifestyle, and with the band on top of that, it has it's problems.  I will have been married 13 yrs. this June and together 17.  I am 34.  My hubby has had an affair and we did work through it, I will tell you though, it was hard. And somtimes still comes up...but if you both want it and want to work at it, your marriage can make it through some really tough times.  Goodluck.
jenstime
on 3/21/10 6:32 am
Topic: RE: I'm down 120lbs!!!! (pics)
Elena, always such a great inspiration!  Look at you jump roping!!  Way to go!!  Looks like you are enjoying yourself!!  Take care and always best wishes!
Jen M
JEN M.            
jenstime
on 3/21/10 6:15 am
Topic: RE: Feeling very weak
Really you are probably just feeling the lag from surgery.  But I would try to work in more protien if you can, broths and such.  My Doc. basically wanted me to work on healing, sipping my water and getting in some nurtition.  Basically follow your Docs. guidlines and if you don't feel better, call into th Doc. just to be on the safe side.  Goodluck and welcome to the losers bench!
JEn M.
jenstime
on 3/21/10 6:02 am
Topic: RE: already!
Keep up the hard work and you'll do great on your upcoming journey!! Yeah!
Most Active