kimkimmie’s Posts

kimkimmie
on 7/16/09 8:45 pm
Topic: RE: Just wanted to share my success!!!
You are doing phenomenal!  You look great.  Keep up the GREAT work... you are doing it!!  Woo Hoo
~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
kimkimmie
on 7/16/09 8:44 pm, edited 7/16/09 8:50 pm
Topic: RE: Half the girl I was 318-159=159!!
Today is the day!  My most recent goal has been reached... I weigh 159... exactly 1/2 of the 318 pound girl that I was 15 months ago.  I only have a sec to write, so I wanted to mark the occasion here and say thanks to Dr. Cywes for everything and for caring and believing in me.  Thanks to my band and to all of you here at OH.  I am happy with where I am... not worrying about the extra skin today just enjoying the milestone.  If I don't lose anymore it's ok and if I do it is bonus.  I know about 15 pounds of this is excess skin so I am choosing to believe that I am no longer overweight!  I just wanted to share... Have a great day. 

I also cut my hair... in a cute summer style.  I'm still getting used to it, but people say they like it.  Maybe tonight I will take a picture for the before and after picture thing...

(I saved this message on my blog too so I won't forget the date I became 1/2 of my former self.)
~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
kimkimmie
on 7/12/09 6:40 am
Topic: RE: 50 lbs.. lighter..5 1/2 months post op pics..

I also want to add... after looking at your profile that as the weight comes off you look younger and younger!  Great benefit.  My face seems to look older as the fat is coming off... nothing left to fill in the wrinkes (grr).

Now would be a great time to add to your page on your blog if you have a few minutes.  Your last post was when you were discouraged 4 months ago (as so many are early on since weight loss doesn't start right away for lots of us since the restriction comes with multiple fills for most).  I know that you are happier now and you look amazing.  Newbies love reading the blogs and you have such an inspiring story that will help them with their journeys and to understand that for many people it takes a few months before the weight starts coming off. 

Have a great week

~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 7/12/09 6:32 am
Topic: RE: 50 lbs.. lighter..5 1/2 months post op pics..
Stephanie,

You are doing really great!  You are averaging 10 pounds a month and that is phenomenal... I don't think you have a long way to go at all.  You look really great.  It's amazing how our faces change as we lose weight.  I've had people that I haven't seen in a while ask me if I am me - lol.
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 7/12/09 6:30 am
Topic: RE: Huge NSV in Hawai'i! (pix)

You are such an inspiration to so many.  It is great that you are so blessed to be able to enjoy your weight loss success in such an amazing way too!  Hawaii is a dream for so many.  You look so cute in that dress and I love the pretty yellow flower in your hair.  Cute Cute Cute!

~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 7/12/09 6:23 am, edited 7/12/09 6:23 am
Topic: RE: Say it's meal time and you're not hungry....
My surgeon says that for folks trying to lose weight that breakfast is the least important meal of the day.

Totally against what most say, but he said our bodies are still in the fat burning process that occurs at night while we are sleeping until we take our first bite of food, then our bodies switch over to start burning the carbs/calories in the food we just ate.

He said if we are able to eat just 1-2 meals a day that is fine and actually great!

That said... I still can eat more than I want but less than I used to...  I eat smaller meals, but usually 3 meals a day most days of the week and up to 3-4 small snacks (I just try to make the best low carb choices that I can).

Keep up the good work :0)

Kim
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 7/12/09 6:17 am
Topic: RE: I love my band...and my new body
Thanks for sharing!  You look fabulous!  Great job and good for you for being lucky enough to be where you are today.  It sounds like you have a really amazing network of support and such a loving family.  Good for you!

I am sorta kinda thinking about doing something, but not for a while... money is tight but unfortunately my skin is not!  I think mine is worse but in addition to the $ it seems so scary, but you just made it a little less scary.

My tummy, saggy bat wings on my arms, saggy inner thighs, saggy butt, and of course my saggy boobs all are in a 5 way tie for needing to be tucked and tightened.  I will need a lot of $ because if I do it, I really want to do it all in 1 big painful swoop.  I even have a tiny line on the center of my neck that sags down which is pretty annoying.  It seems so unfair that after finally being able to lose the weight that I don't just instantly have a great body and I can't get/won't look cute with a belly button ring or wear sleeveless shirts without drippy fat or wear shorts of a normal length because of the front and inner thighs sagging so bad.  I know I sound ungreatful since I have been fortunate enough to lose the weight but it is just like a mean joke that the devil is playing on me. I am actually proud of myself and happy with my weight loss, but I had big plans for summer clothes and I guess I didn't realize that I would end up with so much skin.  Luckily I can hide it behind most clothes

I hope time will help too and that some of this will start to go away on its own as the skin slowly starts to return to it's original state (I doubt this can happen with the boobs but I have nothing but hope).  A friend of mine suggested lotioning up with a good cream (probably with collagen) and wrapping the areas that I want to correct, and wearing spanx/girdles etc.  She said that if I don't even if my skin wants to shrink the gravity pulling on it will keep it loose just like the fat that used to fill it... so that is a suggestion that I wanted to share with anyone else in my situation where for now a TT is just not an option.
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 7/12/09 5:54 am
Topic: RE: ONEDERLAND.....WOOHOO...I love my band!!!!!
Welcome to Onderland!  It is a great feeling right?  I am glad you got restriction and that this journey is taking you where you want to go!  Keep up the good work!
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 7/12/09 5:44 am
Topic: RE: 1 Year Bandiversary PIC!
Great pictures!  Congratulations on your success.  I know it is hard work, but that year goes pretty fast doesn't it?  The band really helps... it gives me breaks so that I don't constantly over eat, when before I had nothing to stop me.  It gives me that extra something that reminds me that I am in the process of working towards a goal of weight loss and health so that I am able to stop and try my best to make appropriate food choices.  I'm glad to hear that it has been as great a tool for you too.  I prayed for so many years for a miracle, and this was my miracle
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 6/25/09 8:21 am
Topic: RE: Breast Augmenation update....
Congratulations, glad to hear it is going well!!  Good for you for being so good to yourself.  What a great gift, and you deserve it~~

Kim
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 6/15/09 11:49 am
Topic: RE: Finally uploaded a recent picture :o) Currently a content size 10
Isn't it funny how a 10 doesn't seem as small as it did when you were hoping to be in that size?  I didn't realize I could be in a 10 but still have the muffin top and bottom and all that!
It depends on the picture.  Sometimes I look like a normal size and sometimes I look heavy still.  I have a couple of 12's that fit fine and a couple of 8's that fit fine, but mainly it seems like the 10's are where I am.  When I wear the 8's though I like being able to say I am down 10 sizes...

Congtatulations, you are a band success and I'm happy to have you as a band sister. 
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 6/15/09 11:27 am
Thanks, but I am thankful that I am not a nudist because I can hide my extra skin under my clothes :o).  Naked is another story... scary scary story.

Thanks though, you are always very sweet!!

~Kim
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 6/15/09 8:07 am
Thanks! I must say you look fabulous in your swimsuit!  I have soooo sooooo soooo much loose skin, even with my success I cant do a bikinni... and my one piece looks ok, but the arms and legs coming out of it require shorts and a tshirt to cover :o(
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 6/14/09 12:02 pm
Thanks so much to all of you for your wonderful comments.  For the newbies, just like Nike says, ya gotta just do it and make some sacrifices.... it will be worth it.  I have been around, but haven't started any new threads lately... I try to respond to questions though when people are new and looking for answers.

have a great week all of you!!

Kim
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 6/14/09 2:49 am, edited 6/14/09 2:52 am
I copied and pasted from the other message board so you don't have to link...

For those of you that have been telling me to add a recent picture, I finally did.  It is a little dark, but you can still see the progress.

It was at Cheesecake factory :o)  I love their Chicken Romano it seems to be pretty low carb and I get it with a salad instead of pasta.    

(Before and after)

~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 6/14/09 2:48 am, edited 6/14/09 2:50 am
I posted it on the wrong message board...

but it is here now... see below...
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 5/28/09 9:05 am
Topic: RE: What's your favorite post-op drink?
I drink 3 main things...

I like the Crystal Light fruit punch. 

I am able to drink Coke Zero with ice and I don't use a straw.  I sip it and let small bits of ice enter my mouth with the Coke Zero and crunch the ice as I'm drinking.  It is like a drink and a snack in one!  I really love it and think of it as a treat a few times a day.

I also drink a 50/50 mix of coffee and Hood Calorie Countdown 2 milk sweetened xtra sweet with Sweetzfree (a zero carb sweetner I buy on the internet).  I have about 3 of those a day.  I sometimes add half and half to make it richer and creamier.

Now if I could get on a water kick that would be great.  I do like it sometimes like the Coke Zero with little bits of ice.
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 5/28/09 8:57 am
Topic: RE: Yet another fill
I feel ya girl!  I was just about right after my last fill, but because in the first few weeks I had a few reflux episodes he decided to take out like 1/2 of a cc.  I was at a point where the reflux had disappeared for 2 weeks, and I wasn't always hungry and I could get full on a small amount of food, so I ate small meals / healthy snacks 4/5x a day.  Life was good, but I am always open minded and know too tight can cause a slip.  My new insurance doesn't cover anything band related, soooo should I slip, I will be in major major debt.  My doc wanted to take some out, and because I trust his judgement I agreed. 

Now I feel hungrier more often and can eat more.  I can drink large sips fast and I am thinking I want a fill.  I haven't lost in a month, and I am right where you are in wanting a teeny fill to see if it helps.  I have to pay for them now though, so I really wish I would have just left things alone last time and waited a few weeks.  I guess I will see if he can put back .25 cc's.

Good luck sweetie!!  You are doing fabulous :o)
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 5/14/09 10:50 am
Topic: RE: G O A L !!!!
So amazing!!  Awesome job.  I know what hard work it is doing this.  You have done a fabulous job.  I really need lots of stuff tucked, but it is a luxury, and there are a million other things my family needs to spend $ on so I am really happy for you and hope to hit lottery one day so I can join you!!
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 5/14/09 10:46 am
Topic: RE: Wanted to share this recipe!!!
Lindsey,

Sounds great!!  Thanks for taking the time to share
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 5/7/09 12:55 pm
Topic: RE: Question for you Low-Carb people...
Yes, I do count carbs in dairy and most of my carbs are from dairy (added to coffee) and nuts.  I get the Hood Calorie Countdown milk... 3 carbs in 8 oz, and I add a little half and half to my coffee too which has 1 carb in every 2 tbsp.

Because I typically have 3 servings of the Hood Calorie Countdown milk, and 10 tbsp (or more) of cream each day and a serving or 2 of nuts I try to avoid any other carbs if possible... and no more than 15 in addition to the nuts and dairy.

I get a 0 carb sweetener off the internet called sweetzfree... because each packet of splenda is nearly 1 carb... and I would use all my carbs in splenda each day since I like my coffee sweet!! 
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 5/6/09 7:50 am
Topic: RE: Insurance change and fills
This happened to me too... I had Cigna at work and they stopped using Cigna, but my hubbys company started using Cigna.  I switched but learned after 2 fill appointments that they won't pay because Obesity stuff is an exclusion (and I called first to ask and was told it should be no problem since I already proved the need for the medical neccesity with my first policy).  I may try to appeal.
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 5/6/09 7:45 am
Topic: RE: Question for you Low-Carb people...
I eat 30 (total carbs not net carbs) or fewer per day, but I don't include carbs in non starchy veggies like broccoli or lettuce in the 30.

I try to eat healthy carbs, but sometimes I don't.  I try not to eat sugar, and avoid pasta/rice/bread/potatos

My favorite items are...

Breakfast.  Just coffee with calorie countdown milk by Hood (3 carbs in 8oz) sweetened with splenda (I use sweetzfree which I buy online because it has 0 carbs and splenda has almost 1 per packet.  I have 3 cups of coffee a day and like it sweet so it adds up there)

On most workdays I either have 1 egg scrambled with a little onion, sausage and cheese or  I just started eating mild sausage dipped in sugar free smuckers syrup (pancake syrup).  Cracker Barrell has a low carb menu with breakfast/lunch/dinner items!

Lunches and Dinners... I like crablegs and butter... salads with meat and cheeses and real ranch dressing... steak and mushrooms... stir fry made without sugar or cornstarch and without rice...breakfast for dinner...taco salad no chips or shell...etc

Good luck :o)

Kim
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 4/19/09 8:27 pm
Topic: RE: NSV = I fit in my fit hubby's jeans!
Wow... I used to fold the laundry and look at my size 28 jeans and feel bad because they were so much bigger than my hubby's size 31x30 jeans.  I wouldn't hold them up to fold because they looked twice as big as his were and I didn't want him to 'notice'.  I bought him a pair of Calvin Kleins this weekend and tried them on just for fun.  My honest first thought was these must be big... maybe they were mis-tagged somehow.  He tried them on last night and they fit him!!
~Kim 

kimkimmie
on 4/19/09 12:27 pm
Topic: RE: Finally made the -100 lb club!!!!
Congratulations!  100 pounds is such a mentally satisfying achievement!!  Way to go!  Pat yourself on the  back.  You did great!!

Kim
~Kim 

Most Active