Almost 4 years out. Need jump start help.

Ciesta
on 3/29/12 2:37 am - Waukomis, OK
Have really lazy in everything since Jan 1.  Only accomplishment is I have quit smoking but of course it has helped add some pounds (4-7). Need advise on how to start over. All post appreciated.
 Lost a total of 55 inches!!                                                                        14.5 lost pre surgery
MistyM
on 4/1/12 12:12 pm - Eufaula, OK
VSG on 06/26/12

Have you seen Dr.Broussard in a while? I am pre-op, but I know they do some kind of restart plan at Weight Wise to get you back on track. It is for people who are post op that are starting to have trouble with regain. Might be worth checking into ! Sorry that Im not more help. I am having VSG in May with Dr.WAlton. Good luck ! I know you can get back on track !! 

Month 1= 19#     Month 2=11#    Month3=8#  Month 4 =10#

downhome
on 10/28/12 10:53 am

I had surgery last week with Dr. Walton and never asked about bougie size.  Do you know what size they use?

soldiersxbabygirl
on 4/14/12 11:14 am - Cibolo, TX
I am currently getting "back on track", as well.  Between my medications/conditions and eating crappy, I managed to gain back a good chunk of weight, but I am now losing it again (thank the Lord).  I still have a minimum of 20 lbs of loss to go, however, so I will share something that is working for me.  I am food journaling.  There are a number of free sites that you can use and are very helpful for it.  I use Myfitnesspal.com.  I should have been food journaling all along.  It has really helped me to get back on track.  I hope this helps you!

Congrats on quitting smoking!!

~ Renae

~*Renae*~ Open RNY 8/3/04 **  (rockmyskinnyjeans on MFP)
Post-op Mommy x 2 (Krysten 12/1/05 Tyson 10/3/08) 334/303/136/135

Friend me on FB: http://www.facebook.com/airmansxprincess

Patiurple
on 4/19/12 10:17 am - Wheatland, OK
Okay when I speak to I am also speaking right back at ME!
I am going on five years post op. and my ride has been well helious!
 Did not ever to get to goal but hey when u start where I did getting too 200 is one heck of a goal.
Any who..what do u do to get back on track..plan
I took and looked at pics of when I was at 200..OH WOW that was me????
I have gained uh hum 75 pounds since I got married in 2010. No one threatened me no body held a gun to my head I was happy so I cooked and fed my new hubby and son... Made home made bread cookies and cakes pies and oh my candy...
I tried months ago to get back on program promising myself I could do it.
And then I ate a cookie and said oh crap I failed again.
Today yes sweetie today I looked at ophotos of me and I fel this urge to slap myself to beat me up for gaining what I swore never to do.
I got into my fancy kitchen and startedclearing out the trash stuff..I am talking anything sugary andy thing chip or fried andy thing that was not on the program I had been on. My son cheered me on  and when I got down instead of throwing it in the trash I went and donated it.
My plan is if its not here i cant eat it. I am going back to diary logging my food and making sure I eat like a normal person but without carbs...im talking the evil ones.
its up to you to stop u know the drilll you know how to get back on track. JUST DO IT...
and if you need a swift kick in the tushie I am available cause I know right now I could sure you a few good kicks and a couple of slaps...
Hugs sweetie
being healthy has its rewards....take the challenge and just do it
asmallerme83
on 5/12/12 5:07 am - Oklahoma City, OK
 Man it's good to see familiar faces with the same concerns. Well....kind of good. I have been an OH lurker for many years and watched soldierbaby be a great success and I think have a baby and still be a success. Sorry to hear that everyone is having the same issues. It's interesting to think that no matter what we do or for how long we will never change our thought and habit processes when it comes to food. We are the unlucky people who will battle weight for our entire lives. Having realized all this just recently.... And realized a 20 lb gain in the past year, I sought professional help. Not the kind you're thinking... Those white coats make my butt look big. No, I went the old fashioned route and talked to an old weight loss doc. He suggested cutting the carbs. Completely.. Like the old days... Give everything in your house to your neighbors, burn the rest (just kidding) and start over. No chips, crackers, bread, pasta, or candy. No sugery pops and no buts. He handed me the diet plan for the HCG people and said "use this as a guide" then he kicked my rear out and said to come back in a week. So no, I'm not doing hcg or eating only 500 calories, but I am now working on very lean proteins and veggies and have eradicated the nasty from my life. It sucks. There is no way around it. The good thing is that the results are instantaneous. It's like surgery all over again....except I dont hurt and I can eat on day one. 

When all else fails, go back to the beginning. You don't need to pay Walton or anyone else for this advice, I am giving it free. The restart plan isn't what you think, it's protein bars and shakes and all the stuff that doesn't really fit with our lives. It's expensive and time consuming. I know. I tried. Stay true to what you already know. We've been here before and we can overcome this. 

MommaHen
on 10/17/12 2:42 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
 Ok heres another old face to add her offer to kick some butts if you need it. Like Patti says we know what to do what we need is the support we had from each other in the begining I KNOW in my heart that my support and love I found from other WLS patients is the reason I had so much sucess and its only by gods grace that I have been left with the severe restriction I still have that I am not one of those on here saying HHHHEEEELLLLPPPP Im gaining back. I am here to talk if anyone needs it!

Having the time of my life!

Virgie Tschirhart
on 1/18/13 10:16 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Hi MommaHen,  You are AMAZING!!!  I remember you back in 2009.

You are a role model!!!  

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

mapuana
on 11/16/12 12:20 am - Pryor, OK

I need help, am having a lot of trouble staying on the right path.  I've gotten myself in the habit of eating all the wrong foods and am totally upset with myself for getting to this point.  I've gained about 15 lbs. give or take a lb or two and hate myself for doing it.  How can I keep myself focused on getting back on the right track.  I know excuses are a dime a dozen but I really have a couple that contribute to my problem.  I can't exercise and am on some pretty strong meds that seem to make me wanna eat.  I know my problems are my own and I do own them but sometimes it helps just being able to voice yourself to others.  Thank you for listening.

soldiersxbabygirl
on 11/30/12 5:36 am - Cibolo, TX

You can start by setting up an account, perhaps on MyFitnessPal.com, or a similar site for tracking (logging) your food intake.  That's how I started holding myself accountable for what went in my mouth every single day.  I understand the meds thing.  I'm on quite a few of them, myself.  I will be glad to help if you have any other questions, but the logging was the single biggest thing that helped me get under control and back on track.

~*Renae*~ Open RNY 8/3/04 **  (rockmyskinnyjeans on MFP)
Post-op Mommy x 2 (Krysten 12/1/05 Tyson 10/3/08) 334/303/136/135

Friend me on FB: http://www.facebook.com/airmansxprincess

Most Active
Recent Topics