What's on your menu today (Tuesday), RNYers?

Mandi87
on 2/28/17 8:07 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Good morning everyone!

today is my last day at my current job before I start at my new spa tomorrow. It's very bitter sweet, I'm so happy to be starting a new journey on a highly motivated team but I'm also really going to miss being around the people I've had the pleasure of getting to know over the last couple years. Being able to work full time again will be nice though. Sigh..

QOTD: my husband is an elevator mechanic so he has a really corny joke where he says that his job is "mostly ups and downs"

another one he says to our nieces and nephews is this one: What did the snowman say to the other snowman?... "It smells like carrots!"

B: cup of coffee with splash of almond milk, syntrax shake

L: syntrax shake

S: blueberry protein yogurt

D: baked tofu and a TINY bit of mushroom soup

V: patches... HAS ANYONE TRIED THE OMEGA PATCH? I want to try it but not sure if it's worth it. Thoughts?

E: dog walking 

have an amazing day everyone! 

Renee C.
on 2/28/17 8:24 am - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

QoTD:  

Q: What's black and white and black and white and black and white and green?

A: Two penguins rolling down a hill fighting over a pickle

B: 2 soft boiled eggs

L: I don't know, our team lunch is today and they never announced where. So either soup of some kind or some soft protein, or I won't go if it's somewhere I don't have a good food choice I guess.  I'm only 4 weeks out and not on full solids yet, so I worry about trying something new while out to eat with work colleagues.  

D: Japanese Golden curry - chicken & veggies

S: slice of gouda cheese

S: greek yogurt 

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

Sadeyes49
on 2/28/17 8:28 am - CT

Good morning,

So I broke down and had just 3 Triscuits with the peanut butter for lunch yesterday. 

The weather here in CT is supposed to be in the 60's. Yesterday morning and early afternoon was chilly but pretty nice when I left at 5pm.

Mood today is a bit anxious and getting easily aggravated...reasons but I'm trying to get over them. Just rest in being thankful and knowing I'm blessed! 

JOKE: WHAT DID THE CHICKEN SAY WHEN HE CROSSED THE ROAD?  ANSWER: WHERE'S THE NEAREST KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN..LOL!

PRE-BREAKFAST: COFFEE 2 CUPS WITH FRENCH VANILLA CREAMER (SPLASHES) THE REST WITH 2% MILK, AT WORK

BREAKFAST: 3 EGG WHITES, 2 WHOLE EGGS WITH 2 SLICES OF CHEDDAR CHEESE - SCRAMBLED (COULDN'T EAT ALL OF IT) SAVING THE REST FOR A SNACK.

LUNCH: TYSON GRILLED CHICKEN STRIPS, 1 HALO FRUIT

SNACK: IF NEEDED IN BETWEEN OR LATER TONIGHT: SERVING OF HONEY ROASTED ALMONDS - 9 GRAMS CARB

DINNER: HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE, TOMATO SAUCE AND MOZZERELLA CHEESE, SMALL GREEN SALAD, DRESSING (LIGHT)

I PRAY EVERYONE HAS A SAFE AND GREAT DAY!

BLESSINGS!  WEIGHED IN AT 182.0 LBS STILL THE SAME FROM YESTERDAY.

SURGERY WEIGHT: 311/CURRENT WEIGHT: 180/GOAL WEIGHT: 160

One Bad Beach
on 2/28/17 8:47 am, edited 2/28/17 12:47 am
RNY on 11/28/16

Good morning!  I made it before noon today.  It's supposed to be warm and windy here today.  Nothing like a good ol' West Texas sandstorm for some exfoliation!

QOTD:     Q: Where do you find a chicken with no legs? A: Right where you left it!

Q: What do you call a cow with no legs? A: Ground Beef

Today is my three month surgiversary!  I'm down 96 lbs from my HW and 55 lbs from my SW!  (55 lbs in three months, y'all.  EXCITED!)

Yesterday's menu agreed with me, so it's the same again today!

B: Cottage cheese, grapes

S: Turkey, cheese, almonds

L: Grilled Chicken wrap

S: Black Angus Vidalia Onion Patty, A.1., pickles

D: Taco salad 

Totals: 912 cal, 36 carbs, 86 protein

V/L: On track

Day 8 of Chantix.  It's starting to work.  The lighting up is cut back some, so I'm pretty darn confident!!!!

Have a great day, folks!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Doxie-mom
on 2/28/17 4:00 pm, edited 2/28/17 8:00 am
RNY on 03/13/17

Congrats on the great weight loss in three months, and also on cutting back on the smoking...your doing awesome!!

Tammy

HW: (9/28/16) 369.8 / SW: (3/13/17) 285 / CW: 162.8

Pre-op loss (6 1/2 Months) - 84.8 pounds

M1 - 17.2, M2 - 17.2, M3 - 13.4, M4 - 15.4, M5 - 13.8, M6 - 13.6, M7 - 10.8, M8 - 9.6, M9 - 5.0, M10 - 2.4, M11 - 3.8

FozzieBear
on 2/28/17 8:54 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone!

I had a 3 month follow up yesterday with the...as I attempt to type it I realize I don't know her exact title but the mental health professional, the same one who cleared me pre surgery. Anyway, she said I few things that I found interesting. The first was in regards to daily weighing, she feels that weighing anymore than once a week, especially at the one year mark and beyond, is a potential indicator of an eating disorder. When I pressed a little further and mentioned what a hot topic it is here she admitted that the Dr who runs the clinic doesn't share her opinion and wants his patients to weigh daily or close to it. She argued that her opinion was from a mental health perspective while his was from a weight loss perspective. I argued that they should get on the same page or at the very least be open up front about their differing views. 

She also didn't like that I was getting information online (although she did originally think I meant from Facebook) and when I mentioned OH she was unfamiliar. She's not the first one at the clinic that has commented that she's never heard of OH which basically tells me they've never spent any time online looking up the WLS related information that's available to their patients. I mean that's how I found my way here and I know that's true of many others as well. I have 3 more appointments next week with the dietitian, nurse and doctor, and for what it's worth I plan on mentioning some of my concerns to the doctor. The clinic staff should know what's out there for us. A few months ago when talking to the dietitian I mentioned "Lose it" which is the food tracking app that I use and she had never heard of it before. I understand there are tons of apps and websites and I can't expect them to know all of them I don't think "Lose it" and OH are too obscure for them to familiarize themselves with.

QOTD Where did the carrot and celery go for a drink? The salad bar 

B- coffee w/sf hazelnut

L- leftover chicken and black beans

D- pork tenderloin and guacamole

S- not sure, well see if it's a shake or food day....

Have a great day everyone!!

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

Amy Liz
on 2/28/17 2:37 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

My center recommended OH for support, but I'm not sure how much they really know about it if anything. I have to weight everyday or I would go nuts. It keeps me on track. They do conflict in general info from the Dr, to the NP to the NUT... You have to do what is best for you.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

FozzieBear
on 2/28/17 3:25 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I was ok with everyday prior to surgery but I haven't got back there yet post op. I check in throughout the week on no set schedule and then record on Mondays. I also made a deal with my favourite aunt that I would text her at least once a week on Mondays and it has to include my weight. We were so close when she lived her but she moved across the country, life gets busy and we were going longer and longer without talking so this schedule helps keep us in touch and keeps me accountable. 

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

Teena D.
on 2/28/17 4:13 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

It's frustrating when WLS professionals don't take the time to learn more. My centre is always pushing carbs. They told me I wouldn't alway have to watch what I eat. Yeah I know where that leads!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

CJ On Orcas
on 2/28/17 9:33 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Good morning Daizy and crew!

QOTD:  You know you are out of shape when you can't pull the shopping carts apart.

B: Fairlife with coffee, 2 poached eggs, 1 slice canadian bacon, 1 potato cake

L: Dannon greek peach yogurt

D:  Veg lasagna no noodles

S:  Suntrax fuzzy navel, Premier Protein chocolate cocoa, sf cran drink with water

Totals:  815 calories 89 protein 43 carbs 31 fat

My 6-month check-up was today.  Once again, I got snowed ****d) in.  Waaaaa.  Had to reschedule for March 28... a MONTH later.

Come home little Sheba, uh I mean vets.  I miss you. Look, I had a potato cake already.

Most Active
Recent Topics