Recent Posts

Emiepie
on 4/26/24 6:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

I know it'll be emotional but it will also be good to be with others to remember your dad.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 4/26/24 5:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the meeting has the energetic vibe.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 4/26/24 5:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy the open house and day. You guys are beyond adorable.

Emiepie
on 4/26/24 5:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Friyay finally. Your broom looks amazing and of course the cookies do too. I ended up having a full work day since my dr appt for postponed (my dr was out sick) so I got through one project I had in the works. I wouldn't be mad if my boss gave me the afternoon off today.... Plans for the weekend include a little furniture shopping. We recently put up a projector screen up in game room and need a few new chairs for in there. Not much else planned but I should get to spend some time with Em depending on her work schedule.

QOTD: Nothing new, occasionally we find a good docuseries to binge over the weekend.

TSS: 9 years 8 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: I'm thinking we should grab something on the way home

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

Mkess
on 4/26/24 5:37 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Freedom Friday,

Isn't America a great place to live, due to our freedoms? I know the first amendment has come into discussion lately with the college protests in support of Palestine. I am in awe that we even get to have that conversation. It is easy to see that in other countries, like Russia, that your opinion and support can result in death, such as Alexei Navalny. USA, USA, USA!

It should be an emotional weekend. My brother is coming into town and our entire family is spending Sunday remembering my father's death a year ago. We'll unveil his memorial plague, have a gravesite quick service, and a luncheon to follow. I can't believe it's been a year.

QOTD- I'm currently reading Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving. It's an authority on C-PTSD, which I was unfamiliar with before last fall. Really interesting stuff.

B: 1/2 bagel and lox. Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt.

L: Pork neck ragu over spaghetti squash.

D: Pizza party to celebrate a friend and my 5 year anniversary. We have known each other 10 years and stopped drinking 5 years ago within a day of each other. We root each other on this time of year but have been there for the other in good times and bad.

Pics- #1 Black Crowes Aragon Theater 4.19.24, #2, 3 After / Before Pics from last week at lunch and 6 years ago at a concert with a couple good friends. #4 Chicago's Public Schools have failed us. Read the note.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Amy Liz
on 4/26/24 5:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ The broom is cool and those cookies are adorable! Happy to hear everything went smooth last night. I had a good day yesterday and was able to complete my reports early this month - yay! Today I have a lot of little things to take care of and an audit exit meeting on this short work day. After work I am meeting an old friend for lunch, grocery shopping and heading home. Along with golf and hiking and maybe pickleball if I'm feeling adventurous, all I really want to do this weekend is nest.

QOTD - No podcasts or films, but I'm reading 3 things right now - I just started Table for Two - Towles, in the middle of The Breakaway - Weiner (loving this one), and re-reading Your Money or Your Life. Still watching Shogun and waiting for new seasons of my favorite shows to return.

Accountability - perfect. 178.0. W2, D5 done! Two solid weeks of treadmill every weekday and I still can't believe it. I've decided that next week I'm bumping it up to 30 minutes minimum - I'm there.

B- coffee, yogurt, granola

l - TBD

D-breakfast burritos

s- jerky

Have a great day

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 4/26/24 5:26 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Marilyn's flight got in a bit late last night, so we didn't get home until about midnight. Today I am in the office, although I would really like to work from home today. I have to be in a certain amount in order to retain my dedicated office. Although I would prefer to be fully remote, if I am going to be in, I want to be in my office rather than have to hotel to a new spot each day. At least for the next 16 months or so. If they take away my office in my last year, I will just work remotely.

Tonight's workout seems like it could be spicy - 100 burpee box jump overs (20 inch) with a 15 minute time cap. I will just try and do 7 a minute for as long as I can keep that up. I suspect I may go over the time limit, though. Other than that, a pretty low key weekend. I may get fitted for running shoes tomorrow and we are having brunch with my sisters on Sunday. The weather here is supposed to be beautiful.

QOTD: We really enjoyed Happy Valley and are looking for a new series like that. On network we are watching Tracker and Fire Country. They are OK. I read Fields of Fire recently which i thought was very good. I think that i am going to start re-reading some things that i haven't read for a bit.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: steak

Dinner: I have a leftover hamburger, but Marilyn may want something else

Have a great day, all

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Grim_Traveller
on 4/26/24 4:55 am
RNY on 08/21/12

The demographics, sadly, look like me and 200 twins.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dcgirl
on 4/26/24 4:34 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

We finally made it to Friday!!! Thank god. I have meetings from 9-6:30 but the 5 and 6 meetings are with former mentees from my last company so they are personal catchups. I'm excited! My 9 am meeting though...it's going to be a doozy. It will either be "energetic" or "a complete ****show". I am banking on the latter!

Q: I am watching Top Chef and it's so good. Even though a favorite of mine got the boot this week. I am trying to read the Women by Kristin Hannah but never seem to have the time. My loan is about to end (Libby app).

This weekend should be good - I'm in DC all day tomorrow and then I have brunch with friends in Old Town Alexandria at a frou frou French place Sunday. Im getting a cheese plate!

B: rotisserie chicken from yesterday and goat cheese

L: Leftover pasta with chicken sausage, emphasis on sausage

D: tbd - likely more chicken since I picked one up at the grocery store yesterday My Giant has anemic little chickens but the meat falls off the bone and they are so delicious! I guess that's what happens when all your friend's fat is sizzling off their body and basting you in the oven LOL

Have a fabulous weekend all!

Dcgirl
on 4/26/24 4:27 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You and the Queen's shoes side by side is hysterical! So is your agenda for the day. You'll have to come back and let us know the gender and age spread of the Woodworking get together! Have so much fun!