Thursday WLS Express- beat the heat edition

Alissa A.
on 6/8/11 7:47 pm - Keller, TX
Good morning! Its Friday eve-woo hoo! What do you do to continue your exercise routines if you happen to walk or bike? How do you keep cool in general? Do you up your water intake? As Dana Carvey's impression of a woman doing a talk show on SNL, "Talk amongst yourselves"

Make it a great day!
Alissa A.
on 6/8/11 7:52 pm - Keller, TX
Hi everyone. I'm ready for the weekend for sure. This week has been all about the training that I'm in charge of yesterday and today. We'll be done at noon today. It required alot of detail work and behind the scenes work but I thrive on that stuff. I love it. It is tiring though!

Tomorrow we make our quarterly trip to Houston to see Chris's psychiatrist. She was in Dallas but she moved 6 months ago. We have an 11:45am appointment so we're going to have to leaeve early in the morning to make sure we get there on time. We can always kill time there. She's actually in Missouri City. She's so good though that we chose to keep her and make the trip down each quarter.

I do up my water intake when its hot outside and I have to spend time outside. I'm not an outside kind of person so I don't do much outside. For me, the outside is just a means to get from one air conditioned building to another!

Hop on the cool mist car today and have a great day!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 6/8/11 8:13 pm - Burleson, TX

GM ALISSA and all! Happy Friday Eve!

ALISSA-safe travels for you and Chris. it says ALOT for his doc, that you are willing to go that far to "keep" her-KUDOS to her!

Nothing new in my world-but sometimes, in my experience, it's because things are probably brewing under the service and about to erupt like a volcano. Oops, didn't mean to sign to pessimistic, but y'all KNOW I'm not a the rainbow/fairy fart type princess. The owner of our small company-whom I totally love and respect, like a little brother, is seriously considering taking on 2 financial "backers"-who have ZIP hospice experience. You CANNOT run a hospice company just looking at $$-there are too many people/emotions/etc. It has taken me years to teach Tyler. He asked me yesterday and these 12 yr old money whizzes and "explain the human side of hospice, like you taught me". I told him to put them in my car for a month. he says he loves my "candor". I think that's another word for smartass..I just know--take their $$, you take their s**t--of course..  wouldn't give money blindly and not have my big mouth in there everyday...anyhoo..I've been at a hospice where a "buy in" happened and EVERYTHING changed...ok..not sure why I needed to write THAT novel...

Going to meet TRACEY and our Baby Blake, after work today-am VERY excited about that!! Blake is almost 5 months old. he's getting to the age of "stranger danger", and it would break his Aunt Gigi's heart if he was scared of me, due to not recognizing me, from not seeing me often enough!!

Ok-to answer the question: If I'm by the water, I can stay out all day...otherwise...not as much...I have to do my walk/runs either real early or indoors (treadmill), which I'm not too crazy about..and, of course, water water water!!!

Prayers for our MEGGIE, as she sees the docs in Cleveland..

Hope everyone stays cool and hydrated today, so we can be healthy for the weekend!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Alissa A.
on 6/8/11 8:19 pm - Keller, TX
Your comments about the backers reminds me of the Dallas Lighthouse. Years ago they hired a business person to run it, instead of someone with a rehab background. He was always trying to make more and more profit but when you work with people with disabilities and state agencies, you're not going to get rich. Its a service to others, much like hospice.

Hope your day goes well!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 6/9/11 12:16 am - Burleson, TX
OK ALISSA--you get to come help me talk to these guys...lol

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Vivian Prouty
on 6/8/11 10:25 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Morning Alissa and TMB.

Not much going on in my house this AM.   It is about to get exciting though.....hubby is coming in the door from work and my doggies get very excited when Daddy is home.   LOL   I have also upped my  water intake.   It is SO HOT outside.    I have been nursing these 2 lantana plants that I bought a couple of weeks ago.    I hope that they make it.   I have been watering them several times a day.    As for exercise routines.....I need to get one in place and stick to it.   I think of where I was 2 yrs. ago and working out several hours a day ( like 3 ) now I am almost dormant.   UGH I am SO angry at myself about this.   I do occasionally go to the mall and walk but that is about all the exercise I have been getting.   I wish someone who has a 24 hour fitness membership would kick my backside and go workout with me.     I think that would make me go.   LOL  Prayers for Meggie as they check her out in Cleveland and for anyone else needing prayers.     Have a blessed day.   Love you guys !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Don 1962
on 6/8/11 10:52 pm

Lots of water, decaf iced tea and Blue Bell SF Bullets for the hydration.  Have not made up my mind on the next step past breakfast.  Need to at least mow closest to the house and bathe the fur child.  Hear Starbucks, or imitation, calling my name too.  Decisions.  Decisions.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Gina 21 Years Out
on 6/9/11 12:22 am - Burleson, TX
DON-now you have my attention-Blue Bell SF Bullets are one of my FOOD GROUPS. Last fall I saved my used boxes..just a for a month or so...and was able to wrap ALL my Christmas presents..for ALOT of people. It made Christmas Eve very comical, as each person unwrapped their "box". It also gave me an idea of how truly ADDICTED I am...there are WORSE addictions, I guess!!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 12:36 am - GA
Gina...he has been known to at least have 3-4 unopened boxes in the freezer plus the one open box of the Blue Bell SF Bullets....I would say that he has an addiction.
Don 1962
on 6/9/11 2:02 am
I'll comfirm what she said.  Reminds me I have to make a run to the grocery tomorrow!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 42 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 116 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 426 views