So How Do You Know?

OCD
on 7/27/11 6:35 am - Coolidge, TX
How do you know if your pouch is stretched, and just how much should you be able to eat at three years out?
Karla Lewis
on 7/27/11 8:21 am - Livingston, TX
Mostly anywhere from 1/2 c to 1.5 cups, but everyone is different. It depends on the densityof the food. The more dense, generally the less you can eat. Only a dr. Most most likely with a scope could tell you if your pouch isnstretched. You can always do the 5 day pouch test. Just google it.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/11 8:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
 I am not totally sure how to tell if your pouch is stretched.    BUT depending on what you are eating will depend on how much you should be eating at 3 yrs. post op.   I am almost 6 yrs. post op....I can eat a small hamburger ( kiddie burger ), 1 piece of grilled fish,   about a cup to cup and a half of vegetables,  1 small chicken breast or thigh.  a large plate of salad.....etc,   I have my pouch size checked every year by my bariatric surgeon and my pouch is the same size as when he did my RNY.   Hope that helps you out.   If you think your pouch has stretched out.....I would  call my surgeon and see if he can check your pouch size with a Florascope.    Good luck!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Sarah448
on 7/28/11 7:52 am - Friendswood, TX
I am three yeasr out also and can eat about what Vivian described.  Small kiddie burger, piece of chicken, etc.  I can defintiely eat a lot more than my first year when I could only eat a couple of bites, but still eating on small salad plates at home and I eat about what a 7-8 year old kid would eat.

Now, if you are talking "slider foods" like crackers and soft carbs..... well when I go there I am always surprised at how easy they went down and how much I can eat if I graze on it.  If I want to stay satisfied with smaller portions I stick to dense proteins.

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views