Tuesday WLS Express

Alissa A.
on 1/9/12 6:06 pm - Keller, TX
Morning everyone! Time to get a movin!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/9/12 7:04 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, ALISSA and the rest of my TMB family! I slept like a rock...I know it stormed...at some point I may even have heard some hail...but didn't care enough to totally wake up, to investigate..I even slept all the way until that stupid alarm squawked-such a rude sound, when you're dreaming about Richard Gere and bridge trolls (don't ask)....

Drum roll please...the State/Federal audit/inspection/survey/rock turning/skeleton rattling thing is now over, for another 2 years (unless we get turned for a complaint, but that's a whole different animal). The folks were supposed to stay thru Wed, but, all of a sudden, at 1300 yesterday, they said they were ready to "exit". We thought "rut row"-gather our keys and hand them over....but...they handed us a certificate that read "NO VIOLATIONS and NO DEFICIENCIES", to hang on the wall. Folks, that just ver rarely happens, in my business. The lead surveyor said she's only had ONE, in past 10 YEARS-and she does this stuff full time. We just do our work, the best we know how, everyday, but it's till nice to know we're doing things "correctly". They interviewed patients and their families, as well as facility staff we deal with, and got "high marks" from them-which-to me-is way more important than all the "paper compliance" that is so NECESSARY. Sorry for the novel, but this has been my life's focus for the past week, and I wanted to share the outcome with y'all. Now I can move on...yawn...stretch...

I'm going to spend a few minutes reading, and catching up, on Y'ALL!!

Hope everyone has a great day-please drive safely on these flooded roads-those pot holes can be mini lakes!

LOVE y'all more than you know-THANK YOU for always being here!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Alissa A.
on 1/9/12 8:12 pm - Keller, TX
Way to go Gina! Of course ya'll are perfect-you're doing most of the work!!!

Glad to hear everything is good for 2 years!
Vivian Prouty
on 1/9/12 9:41 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 WTG Gina !!!  Glad that stress is now out of your world for 2 more years.    Have a blessed day and drive safely.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

JenniferScott
on 1/9/12 10:51 pm - Austin, TX
RNY on 09/09/08 with
Phyllis M.
on 1/9/12 11:29 pm - Irving, TX
AWESOME NEWS GINA !!   
Yes - patient's interviews and their familys (customer service)  is definately weighed more I think that the paper quality !!  

Can you PM me with the name of your facility -  Nursing home ?  Hospice - assisted llving center or what??  
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Libby0218
on 1/9/12 8:08 pm - TX
Good Morning!

I too slept HARD last night. Today is a Student Life Retreat to focus on Student Development Theory presentations. I love the topic so I anticipate it being a good morning. Not sure if the retreat will last through lunch or not.

I'm really focusing on protein this week because I realized I didn't get my protein in at all last week. I started using My Fitness Pal and really focused on overall calories and missed that I was not hitting my protein targets. So, this week I'm making SURE I'm focusing on protein. It's been good so far (ok, it's just been 2 days but that's ok)

I've got two things on my mind: (a) my committee chair wants me to identify the "gaps" in my literature review and address that in my chapter so that's posing a challenge, (b) I need to plan for an intern I have this semester to keep him busy and have great educational experiences.

Overall, great invigorating stuff!
Alissa A.
on 1/9/12 8:15 pm - Keller, TX
Okay-just FYI, it was 4am when I started the train- it was 2am PACIFIC time. I went back to sleep right after I posted, lol, and Bryan had to pull me out of bed at 5:30am. That's our normal shower/dress time but normally I wake up early so I have computer time in the morning. I just couldn't manage to break away from dreaming. lol.

Bad traffic already on the news so stay safe folks!!!
Vivian Prouty
on 1/9/12 9:51 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning Alissa and TMB Family,

I slept pretty good last night too.   It must have been the rain also.   LOL   I got up later than usual also.   But I didn't go to bed as early as I usually do either.     I have just been hanging around my house taking care of my mono ridden son.   LOL   I've been scratching my head trying to think of things rather than soups to make him eat.   He has already lost 10 lbs.   That's just NOT fair !!!  LOL   I made vanilla pudding from scratch for him yesterday and he barely touched it.   UGH I hate when  that happens and i have things like that in my fridge calling my name.   LOL  BUT I am NOT going to touch it.    I had started trying to jog but then the rain decided to come UGH.   I guess I choose the wrong time of the year to decide that this old body was going to learn to jog.   LOL   Oh well.    Not sure what my day will bring.   I have NO plans today other than a quick trip to the grocery store.   I am out of a few things and one is sweetner and I can't function without that.  LOL   Have a blessed day and prayers for everyone in need.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Don 1962
on 1/9/12 10:20 pm

Gina, Congrats on y'all passing inspection without any dings. 

Work schedule being jacked with so not going in till 3:00 this afternoon and  the dog was nice enough to let me stay in bed till 7:15!  All good though.  Gives me a chance to get some things done before I go.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 39 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 113 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 424 views