Too excited!

sarah G.
on 7/21/13 3:05 pm
VSG on 10/10/13
Consultation this coming Wednesday ! I'm so excited but there is a small voice in the very back of my head that keeps yelling " what are you doing"? "You're not going to be able to stick to this any better than the other diets! ".
I hate that voice. I hope I can shut it up and enjoy the other voice which is singing with new hope! I never knew there were so many voices in my head until now. Explains a lot.
Don 1962
on 7/21/13 8:20 pm

I never knew there were so many voices in my head until now.

Been schizophrenic long?

The WLS experience is not about diet alone.  It is a MAJOR lifestyle change.  It is a wild ride but if you follow your doctor's program, maybe not to the letter but pretty close, it can have amazing results!  Let's know how it goes Wednesday.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

sarah G.
on 7/21/13 11:46 pm
VSG on 10/10/13
Thank you Don1962. And No, the schzophrenia seemed to show up when I started considering surgery. I'm hoping its short term.
Karla Lewis
on 7/21/13 9:22 pm - Livingston, TX
Hope your consultation goes well. It's not exactly a diet, it's a lifestyle change. After 2-3 years at the most, unless you stick to all the lifestyle changes, you will definitely be "dieting" at times to maintain or take any gain off. It's a fairly easy road the first few years, but is a daiy challenge after that, but well worth the challenge for a healthier lifestyle.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Vivian Prouty
on 7/21/13 10:45 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Congrats Sarah on the consultation.   Tell that negative voice to shut up and leave you alone.   You're making a great decision to change your life for the better.    Don't look back for a moment....keep moving forward with your plans to change your life and get to a healthier weight and start to really enjoy the life that you are given.    Keep positive.   

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

sarah G.
on 7/21/13 11:52 pm
VSG on 10/10/13
Thanks. I needed positive feed back. The only person I know personally that has had Wls is my hairstylist! My family is supportive, but understand very little about what I'm facing and dealing with. I'm so thankful I'm found this website.
TXKashmir
on 7/22/13 2:00 am - Grand Prairie, TX

LOL - Sarah - you're gonna do fine! As the others said, this is not a diet - you are going to learn a whole new way of life, and it will be so worth it! If you're lacking in folks who understand, stick with us - I'm so excited for you - you're gonna do great!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

sarah G.
on 7/22/13 12:25 pm
VSG on 10/10/13
Thank you TXkashmir! I am looking forward to losing lbs but the idea of surgery does scare me. I'm worried about what those first few days will be like. I have a terrible gag reflex and I'm wondering ignite have to throw up how different will it be? What a crazy thing to be worrying about I know. But its going through me head! Lol
Sarah
Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/23/13 8:48 am - Burleson, TX

SARAH-well I'm just too excited FOR you-how's that?!?!?!? It's been over 11 yrs since my RNY, and nearly 12 yrs since my first seminars/consultation. etc, but I well remember how excited I was..

As my VERY, VERY smart TMB sisters and brother have said ("we be family here"..be it good/bad/pretty/not so pretty..we're together for the long haul)...WLS is not a diet...it is a lifetime commitment...Not everyone dumps (I do)...Not everyone throws up (I can't)...Nobody's journey is exactly the same as anyone else's...

Hang on to your socks..it's going to be a wild ride!!

Gina...RNY 4-22-02

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 43 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 118 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 427 views