what were you eating?

harleybella
on 4/11/11 8:50 am
so i had my surgery a week ago today and feel pretty good! Much better than i thought i would! im down 10lbs from my surgery date!  (which i can't figure out how to put on my main page)
Anyways i was wondering what everyone was eatting 2 weeks out and 1 month out?
VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

didim62
on 4/11/11 8:57 am - Kensington, CT
Did your surgeon/nut give you an eating plan? I was on full liquids for 3 weeks whi*****luded broth, strained soups, yogurt, SF pudding and jello,SF pops and SF drinks. I am now on thin pureed which same plus pureed soups, eggs, ricotta, grits, cream of wheat. I would call and ask for a plan if you do not have one. Sleeve jeani will probably chime in with her list of plans also. Good luck and congratulations!!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Mary R.
on 4/11/11 9:11 am - OH
I was on soft food by week 2 and by 4 weeks i was eating regular food
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time" 
"Get busy living, or get busy dying" 

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 9:11 am, edited 4/11/11 10:35 am
To change your front page message, go to My OH, then under "settings" click onto "message board"  That is where you change it.

As far as what I was eating a month out?  I was on full liquids the first 2 weeks, then pureed food (pourable with no chunks) until 6 weeks out.  After that, mushy foods for 2 weeks, then anything I wanted at the 2 month mark.
harleybella
on 4/11/11 9:26 am
Thanks trish!! ive felt like an idiot looking for it last night for an hour lol!! In in the liquid stage now so ive been eating sf popsicles, jello made with isopure, crystal light, and sobe lifewater(my life saver!) then when i meet with nutritionist next week if im doing good then she will be mooving me on to the mushie stage.(which seems fast?) I was just wondering what types of stuff everyone was eating at 2 weeks out if your in the mushie stage and a month out?!  Also what kind of yogurt is everyone eating?
VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

Linda B.
on 4/11/11 9:49 am - CA
Fage (pronounced Fa-YEH) 2% Greek yougurt...add fruit or use for sour cream....DELISH!
Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 10:45 am, edited 4/11/11 10:46 am
Your welcome!  It took me a long time to figure out as well,  Another one that was hard to figure out was, how to post a picture on your post.  If you don't already know, I'll tell you.  You upload the pictures in your profile, then simply copy and paste them into your post...it couldn't be easier!

I see what your asking now, you want to know what foods we ate during those stages.

During all stages, I drank lots and lots and lots of protein shakes to ensure I got at least 70 grams of protein a day.  I ate the Fage yogurt, and if there were any room left in my tiny sleeve, I had stuff that pleased my pallet but offered little protein, such as creamed soups, then later for mushies, I added mashed potatoes, grits, oatmeal, and my favorite, refried beans with a little hot sauce and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.  I drank broth, coffee, propel water, tea, and milk.
njmom5870
on 4/11/11 9:58 am
2 weeks out I was cleared to have full liquids/puree

3 weeks out mushies

4 weeks out I started regular foods.

Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

kellypolllitt
on 4/11/11 10:06 am
NJmom - my surgeon (have not had surgery yet) is Dr. Balsama who works with Dr. Neff.  Did you have surgery at Stratford?
sleeve genie
on 4/11/11 11:47 am - Alhambra, CA
Congratulations on your surgery.  Whenever anyone asks what should i be eating i post these.  Lots of great info   :o) Jeani

http://www.sleeveguide.com/uploads/1/7/9/4/1794785/dietguidevged42006feb.pdf
http://www.northwestobesitysurgery.com/pdf/sleeve-gastrectomy-diet.pdf
http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/pdf/dietary_guidelines_sleeve_gastrectomy.pdf

the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views