Possible NSV- I got quite a fright!

Crunchy As Can Be
on 1/28/12 12:36 pm - NY
I guess I'm a little jumpy...

But I was at a store stocking up on workout clothes that fit me instead of wearing the pants that fall down with every footstep (I was always in fear of losing my XXL pants on the treadmill!) and I was trying on different sizes in the fitting room and I walked out of the fitting room and literally jumped and screamed out loud because the person in the stall next to me was so close to me she could have brushed against me and it gave me a start.

Then I realized that I was standing next to a full length mirror and that person was me... and she looked great in her size medium compression pants and size large jog top.

Thank goodness I was the only one in the fitting rooms-- what a weird thing to happen. It was definitely an interesting version of an NSV!

~~Emily~~

Empowered2
on 1/28/12 12:46 pm
LOL . . . that's fantastic . . . What a great story!  Only one more dietician visit for me before scheduling surgery and I so look forward to sharing my story.  Thank you for the inspiration, it was awesome . . . Kudos to you!
 Empowered2!    
PkSteph
on 1/28/12 12:47 pm
LOL That's great!

BriarRose
on 1/28/12 12:48 pm
I have been accosted by the person in the mirror in the bathroom at work ! She scared the poop out of me one day, because I didn't recognize her.... soooo glad that no one else was in there to witness these moments...
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Crunchy As Can Be
on 1/28/12 1:05 pm - NY
Briar-- I'm glad noone else was in your bathroom with you at work as well. Unless it's the kind with the stalls.

Just sayin'

~~Emily~~

MargeAD
on 1/28/12 12:49 pm - CA
Fabulous!

MyOwnSunshine
on 1/28/12 12:57 pm

That's funny!  Yay for medium pants!

I'm in desperate need of new workout pants, too.  They're at the top of the next payday want-list -- I always make sure I'm wearing decent undies, because I live in fear that my pants are gonna slip on the treadmill or in yoga class. 

" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Crunchy As Can Be
on 1/28/12 1:11 pm - NY
If you have a Sears near you, they had some AWESOME sales on workout gear this week... might still have similar deals on your next pay day.

Otherwise I absolutely LOVE the workout line from  Old Navy. They're really comfy and with the sale I got 'em with they weren't too expensive either (they actually do get a bit pricey, but on sale and on the clearance racks they're not too bad).

What size are you wearing now? Perhaps me or someone else on the boards can do a swap with you? Or if you have a discount or thrift store you might be able to find a couple of pairs for under $5 each.

Good on ya for needing smaller ones too-- and good idea about the undies!
 ~~Emily~~

Michelle201
on 1/28/12 1:11 pm - NY
VSG on 01/12/12
That's a wonderful story.

kahlana
on 1/28/12 3:08 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Hey thats a fabulous NSV! And to avoid embarrassing wardrobe malfunction I got a whole bunch of new dresses off ebay for about 7 bucks a piece. This way I dont have to worry about something falling off at an inopportune moment.

My Blog My Facebook

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views