head hunger help me!

kam0520
on 5/15/12 8:48 am - AL
I have had head hunger something horrible the last few days.  I have eaten horrible, and I am just sick of it.  

What do you guys do to 1) know the difference between head and physical hunger and 2)fight it?

I sit at a desk all day long doing repetitive work and I get bored and want to munch on something to help pass the day.  What do you guys use to fight this?  

Thanks!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
MargeAD
on 5/15/12 9:08 am - CA
Right there with you hun. I drink water, decaf iced coffee and get some exercise. I also have done some work on the "why" of head hunger with my therapist. It helps to know that. There is also another post a couple of pages back on this. You might want to look at that one too.

rhearob
on 5/15/12 9:15 am, edited 5/15/12 9:15 am - TN
 For a lasting solution, you have to understand what is driving the head hunger.  My therapist gave us a tool in group called Feel and Deal.  When you feel the need to eat, stop and examine your feeling.  I keep asking myself Why?  Why do I want to Eat?  Why am I Bored?  Once you get to what you are really feeling you can then deal with that feeling outside of food.

Another thing you can do is try to rewire that impulse.  When you feel the need to munch, take a sip of your drink or use it as an excuse to run some office errand.  Maybe get staples from the supply cabinet or something mundane.  Often you can make that substitution permanent.

As for the difference between head hunger and physical hunger - learn to listen to your body and your sleeve.  When it is physically hungry you will know it.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

acbbrown
on 5/15/12 9:47 am - Granada Hills, CA
Agree with him !!  What's going on? Sometimes when im feeling like that I have to figure out what I need to do to fix it - sometimes I just need to finish a project at work and then I'll feel better, sometimes I have something that I need to do that's stressing me out. Once I figure it out, I can solve that problem and my head hunger goes with it.

But, for days when I'm just stressed or bored - I drink, drink, drink. I have tons of water, propel, powerade zero, mio in my office. I usually drink upwards of 120-150oz of water as my alternative for food. My bladder hates me but hey, whatever works.

Ive also been known to go through  a pack of gum a day.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

happyteacher
on 5/15/12 10:56 am
  i concur with the above posts also.   One thing that  I just started doing that is really helping is I switched to shakes for more of the meals.  I used to just do one in the morning then food the rest of of the day.  Now, shakes for 2 meals, 1 food meal and only if terribly hungry add in a protein bar or another shake.  There is something about not thinking about (at work) what I am going to eat that is helping- I would graze on the carefully portioned meals that I was packing, then adding in extra as the day went on.  The switch to the shakes has really helped with that.  Planning on doing this for 2 weeks, and then decide what to do from there. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

MONI0919
on 5/15/12 11:11 am - Bayonne, NJ
VSG on 04/25/12 with
Im hungry today  I don't know why, i eat what i was suppose to  eat, drink water but im hungry today for the first time  tomorrow will be 4 weeks after my operation , why im so hunger?   let me go get my cup of water  ill drink my self to sleep 

LMAO 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views