"Sitting Side-By-Side" (In the Restaurant)

AttyDallas
on 7/5/08 6:57 pm, edited 7/5/08 7:00 pm - Garland, TX
 I was sitting there (alone, of course ) in my booth at a local restaurant last night  when a young couple went by me and sat at a booth across from and just ahead of mine.  Instead of one of the pair sitting on each side of the booth, they decided, as some couples do, to sit side by side (obviously they were neither one MO ).  At first their backs were to me, but, after awhile, the guy slid out and went around  to the other side.  It looked then like they were going to sit in the normal fashion, but she too then slid out and now they sat on tthe same side of the booth, but facing me.    I see couples sit like that sometimes in restaurants, and I"m curious as to the significance of that arrangement, if anything, when they do.  Is it a sign they feel an extremely strong feeling of closeness as a couple?  Is it a sign of insecurity or jealousy by one toward the other?   A display of a feeling of possessiveness or power of one over the other?   or something else?    Please clue me in on this, if you have one ..  
attydallas_dblcentury.jpg picture by cmirving 

Mommy O.
on 7/5/08 7:26 pm
I think its a sign they are horny and want to grope each other as an appetizer :) 

slowoldguy
on 7/5/08 8:57 pm
On July 6, 2008 at 2:26 AM Pacific Time, Cristy wrote:
I think its a sign they are horny and want to grope each other as an appetizer :) 
Bingo.
RaeRae1
on 7/6/08 12:04 am, edited 7/6/08 12:04 am - Waterbury, CT

TOTALLY Hillarious!!! Edited to add my smiley face!!!

For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

AttyDallas
on 7/6/08 8:34 pm - Garland, TX
 OMG Cristy   &:-x)     I like the way you think, though ..   &;-)     but they actually did keep both their hands above the table the whole time (and their feet on the floor!)  so I don't think that is what was going on .    &:-D) 
attydallas_dblcentury.jpg picture by cmirving 

SusanA
on 7/5/08 9:44 pm - Petticoat Junction, CA
   Hug And Kiss  It''s called FOREPLAY....ever tried it?  Couple In Bed

Can You Make A Mistake And Miss Your Fate?

katiekat412
on 7/5/08 9:58 pm
Two relationships ago, me and my BF did this. We weren't sloberring PDA people or anything, but we were REALLY passionately in love, and held hands at all costs. Of course, that didn't work out, so go figure! I personally don't love sitting next to someone- akward eye contact. Then you wonder, does my breath smell? Do I have lettuce in my teetch? Why are his pores so large?
mittenfarm
on 7/5/08 10:24 pm - County Line, MI
I think some feel that it gives them more of a sense of closeness, but personally I prefer to be facing the person I am conversing with without having to turn my head to look at them. Better eye contact. -Wanda
Highest -380  Surgery- 345     Goal- 150   Current-150     5 ft. 8 in.

Mommy O.
on 7/5/08 10:30 pm

i agree .. we usually sit across from eachother even if we're in a group .. if its another couple we're with we'll sit girls on one side boys on the other .. unless we don't know the other couple very well... then we sit together ..

Its weird .. i hadn't thought about this before

M M
on 7/5/08 11:47 pm
She was groping him. Simple.
Most Active