30 Days of Sobriety..

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 2/23/10 9:38 pm - Houston, TX
I would like to thank AA and my sponsor for helping me realize that I am not a bad person trying to be good but a sick person trying to be well..  I hit 30 days on Sunday and no that I could not have done it alone..  I was blessed enough that I didn't have to attend a rehab and I did it with some help from my friends.  Thanks to everyone that believe and doubted me.. You both gave me strength..

I would also like to add that I alone made the choice to drink and I alone had to make the choice to stop.. I know that after surgery we switch cross addictions and this is one that I fell back into.. Please just keep me in your prayers..

ODAT
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/10 9:43 pm
congrats on this!! i am aprox. 90 days sober and its a great feeling to know you dont need that anymore!
Jackie McGee
on 2/23/10 9:45 pm - PA
Always thank others for their support, but only thank yourself for staying sober and maintaining your sobriety.

Congratulations and here's to your continued success in all aspects of your life.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

So Blessed!
on 2/23/10 10:02 pm

Don 1962
on 2/23/10 10:06 pm
Ramon,

Congrats on making 30 days.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Mary V.
on 2/24/10 1:48 am
Loved your response to Ramon! Good advice!
Mary V.
Mary V.'s new lifelong journey has begun!                    
debyo84
on 2/23/10 10:12 pm - San Angelo, TX
Congratulations Ramon!!! Keep moving through it a day at a time. Your in my prayers.
SuzyTDC
on 2/23/10 10:28 pm - TX
Congrats! Keep it up :D

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind do not matter ... and those who matter do not mind. - dr. seuss

tryingtobethin55 me
on 2/23/10 10:38 pm
congrats!  that is an amazing accomplishment.  BUt I do want to tell you from a medical perspective, getting help is not necessarily a bad thing.  People that abuse alcohol and then stop can go into serious alcohol withdrawls, and can have a seizure.  THey hear things, have tactile disturbances, are very sweaty, anxious, have tremors and can have a change in neuro status.  At that time its very imp. to get to a hospital, its serious stuff!  but I again want to say congrats on your success.  sorry if I rambled about things that you may already have known.  you deserve a
BrowningBabe
on 2/23/10 11:13 pm - Pleasant Prairie, WI
Congratulations Ramon on your sobriety!  My best friend, who had gastric bypass in 2001,  a few months ago started going to AA herself and her life is so much better for it.  Its a slippery slope that only sends us into a very bad place. I'm glad you caught yourself from sliding down too far and you were able to pull yourself back up! 

Christine

5'4"  HW235/SW226.5/CW147.5/GL130

Most Active