Colonoscopy

jdubbs2
on 3/24/11 12:46 pm - easton, PA

I had RNY Feb of 2005. On Wednesday of next week I am having a colonoscopy and need to do a cleansing the night before. I need to take something called Trilyte flavor packs. Will I be able to take this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
John

Mary Catherine
on 3/24/11 12:53 pm
 I used Crystal Light for flavoring for my colonoscopy.
Rocky Mountain Looser
on 3/24/11 1:08 pm - Aurora, CO
Had my RNY in 04 and have had a couple of colonoscopies.  Should not be an issue.  Take as directed, you should be clean as a whistle when done.  Good luck!

Norain

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/24/11 2:40 pm
I am having mine next Friday... hate the idea... but I know I need one...
 here are some tips...
http://colonoscopyblog.blogspot.com/2006/12/trilyte-taste-ti ps.html

Thanks God my doc prescribed pills for me... I gag too easily...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 3:56 pm - San Jose, CA
I just had mine last week.  My GI doc knows my alimentary tract is short and my stomch is small.  He gave me some stuff called Suprep and it was - well, less awful than GoLytely.  Less volume - 16 oz of crap, followed by 32 oz of water/soda the night before; same thing the morning of.  It works very quickly and isn't acidic coming out.  It's still fairly gross.

I talked them into only having to do 1/2 dose for the next morning dose, because my night before dose worked so well.

And I got another 10 year pass.  Yay.
Mal
on 3/24/11 7:45 pm
I just did a conoscopy & egd a few weeks ago.   Good luck!  The 'cleansing' part is the worst of it the procedure was a breeze. 

notsobigdada
on 3/24/11 10:45 pm
   oh no
  this is very dangerious problems don't waist the time go to the hospital and then take some medicine for take care.
steve D.
on 3/24/11 11:57 pm - West Fargo, ND
I took the same stuff.  Nasty but it does the job.  The colonoscopy is not that bad.  When I had mine they found 3 polyps and a garage door opener.

Steve

Queen_Mom
on 3/25/11 12:11 am
The prep is the worst part.  Good for you for being pro-active on your health screening.  Ive lost 2 family members from colon cancer.  Good luck John.
vitalady
on 3/25/11 11:03 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I just did this (my 3rd) and used Magnesium citrate (laxative, not pills). It's under $5. The bottle is clear and it's the larger bottle. So, using the same instructions, all clears on day 1, then taking 1st dose at X:00, drinking clears all day. 1/2 the bottle then and 1/2 the bottle 8-10 hours later, continuing clear liquids til the cut off point.

The diff being that the mag cit with water is only like 8 oz and I can glug it down before my taster rejects it. Has to be done twice. The doc who did it was satisfied with the work it did.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active