WOW Moments!

Tammy C.
on 9/19/11 2:24 am
Hello OH Members!

Do you have a Wow moment to share with OH Members/readers?  (For OH Magazine or the new OH Newsletter)  If so, I would love to hear from you.  Please email [email protected] and share your Wow moment!  Please also send hi res photos, perhaps something that reflects on your Wow moment!

All my best,
Tammy Colter
OH Magazine
Editor-In-Chief
Publisher
OH Magazine
Robert R.
on 4/1/11 11:02 pm, edited 4/1/11 11:03 pm
I started at 52 waist jeans in October (surgery was 10/14/11) and I was wearing 46 uintil last week. I went and bought 1 pair of 44 and one of 42, didn't try them on because I knew they wouldn't fit yet. After I got home, they both fit. So I switched the 44 for 40, but the 42 is already loose. I was at 34-36 after basic training in 1987.

Another moment would have been 3-4 weeks post-op when I reached down and tied my shoes while standing up and it didn't hit me until a few seconds after I started walking what had just happened.

I hate to add another, but the first time I saw my blood pressure at 114/72. I asked the nurse if I should drink coffeee to bring it back up to normal (joking) and she says noooooo. lol.

K. Sutton
on 7/3/11 2:33 am - Cleveland, TX

Hello and congratulations on success so far.  I would like to know what type of surgery you had.  I am looking to have the VSG due to money constraints.

Thanks,
Kevin Sutton

Kathleen W.
on 4/2/11 8:42 am - Lancaster, PA
When I went to renew my license,  I had to present my pre-surgery license and explain why it didn't look like me.  The young man (late 20's to early 30's) looked at my old picture, let out a low "WOW", and proceeded to check out the my girls and  ass.  I'm 56 and old enough to be his mother.  Great early birthday present/

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Becky S.
on 4/21/11 1:26 pm - Grand Junction, CO
Absolutely awesome! My goal is to lose weight before my next license renewal. It still says I weigh 180 and I want to actually be under that at that time (4/2013). I am also kind of beating myself up over the fact that I've waited too long. I feel I've waisted so much of my life. But I see such wonderful posts like yours and it gives me hope. Thank you!
Kathleen W.
on 4/21/11 10:52 pm - Lancaster, PA
OMG,  you're so young and pretty.  You are going to have a great life,

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

gypsyheart1956
on 5/2/11 2:41 am
I agree. I have also wasted too much time. Goin on diets to try and control my weight and dening that i am as big as i am. amazing what your minds eye will do. asked huby to take a picture last night and wow, i have posted it, but it is sure sad. no more denial.
Need friends to help me throught this journey and want to support others.
thanks
Becky S.
on 5/2/11 3:01 am - Grand Junction, CO
Hi. Thank you for posting. I totally relate to the picture story. I went to a retirement party last year and a co-worker took my picture. I didn't realize he was going to post it on Facebook. When it appeared, I was mortified. I couldn't believe the 'spare tire' was the size of a semi-truck tire! I was fat from head to toe - my fat toes were showing in my sandals. I think that's when I started thinking I HAD to do something. I just didn't know what. But here I am...ready for the permanent change in lifestyle. The old way definitely wasn't working.
New_me2011
on 5/20/11 11:39 am - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
 Thank you for putting that into words- I am usually very articulate, but somehow when it comes to facing the   truth about my weight there were no words . Like you I also regret wasting so much time being in denial about my weight for so long, and trying numerous programs(LA Weight Loss- went out of business after I lost 20 lbs, Nutrisystem-couldnt eat the lunch items because they contained fish gelatin which I am allergic not to mention the monthly cost of food and the fact that some items did not taste very good to me,Jenny Craig refused to sign me because I stated that I was allergic to some tree nuts and some of their meals are made in facilities that also process tree nuts, even though the labels of almost ALL foods in the supermarket say the same thing and I told them that I eat those with no problems, and I lack the discipline to do WW by itself. Like you, NO MORE DENIAL! And I also need friends to help me through this lifelong journey, and would like to help and encourage others!
mojomom
on 8/12/11 7:24 am
 Reading your words I thought I could have written them myself!  I understand your frustration.  I understand the feeling of disappointing yourself again and again.

Best of luck to you.  You CAN do this.  

Mojomom

Most Active