Danger

Sooz.L.
on 4/4/11 4:13 pm - United Kingdom
Please be very careful.  This is VERY important
Today I got a message in my inbox from a person who wanted me to provide them with my bank account details and they would put money into my bank account so that they could come over to my country and study and for this they would give me 15%.

This is a Scam
What they do is they get your bank account details and they raid your bank account and take all your money.
They pull at your heart strings saying about God and that they have no father.  The name of the person is Alima Mohab.
Please be careful everyone and ignore this request
There are many people trying to do this to people in England and many people have been ripped off.
Sue

DebsGiz
on 4/4/11 8:26 pm, edited 4/4/11 8:28 pm - FL

Thanks for the warning!

This sort of scam has been going on for years and must be successful as the number of people perpetuating it is growing exponentially.

The first time I received one where they used the God factor to pull this scam, I went a little nuts and wrote the person back telling them that I had put a curse on them and would remove it only when they wrote me back and asked for forgiveness.

It was quite apparent the the request had come from some third world country, so I figured they might actually believe in curses and such, so thought I'd just have a little fun and hopefully scare the crap out of them.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing this information as it is apparent that there are folks out there who will actually hand over their banking information; otherwise, these sorts of scams would not be so prevalent.
I got that one too in my OH inbox and reported it.  I constantly get those type of emails at the office and I just delete them.  However, I have heard so many times of senior citizens, in particular, falling for those scams and they are taken for a lot of their savings. 

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

KathyA999
on 4/5/11 9:48 am
Don't know if this is related to the recent hack attack at Epsilon, a company that does email marketing for dozens of companies.  I got a notice from Best Buy that Epsilon had been hacked, and then it was in the news that night.  They took names and email addresses.

Don't open emails from peeps you don't know.  And CERTAINLY don't click on any links inside the emails!  Banks, IRS, credit card companies will NEVER ask you for details about your account via email. 

Good reminder, thanks!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active