Anyone w/cardiac issues?

cathryn54
on 4/15/11 4:02 am - CA
Hi everyone!  After jumping through all the hoops that Kaiser has us do.  My cardiologist ordered a bunch of tests and now I need angioplasty w/stent placement before she will clear me for WLS.  Anyone else out there with problems like this?  How long after the angio can WLS be done?  Did your cardiac issues disqualify you for the surgery?  I feel so alone with this...it's just so frustrating.  Part of the reason for my heart problems are caused by my weight....yet, to get the surgery to help me lose the weight, I must fix my heart first.....grrrrrrr!
                                                   Surprised Kitty ... EXPLODING!!!
  "A woman is like a tea bag...you never know how strong she is until she is in hot water" ~Eleanor Roosevelt

phred
on 4/15/11 6:28 am - CO

I had two cardio stents installed by Kaiser in the Denver area.  Several years later I found out about the weight loss clinic and the bariatric surgery.

I entered the program, and had my VSG surgery a year later at the age of 71.5, and a surgery weight of 247 pounds.

I don't know how long I would have had to wait for the bariatric surgery if I had known about it when my stents were installed.

Good luck, and keep the faith,

Fred

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

cathryn54
on 4/15/11 10:26 am - CA
Thanks, Phred.  Sounds like you did very well after the stents were placed.  Hopefully I will as well. 
                                                   Surprised Kitty ... EXPLODING!!!
  "A woman is like a tea bag...you never know how strong she is until she is in hot water" ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Most Active