Stomach pain!!!!

kmama101
on 4/18/11 8:27 am
 Well I woke up this morning with a sore stomach. I thought it was because I had done crunches the day before but I was wrong. It has been getting worse through out the day. It is above my belly button and just below my breast bone. It feels like i got punched in the stomach. The surgeons office thinks its gas but it does not even remotely feel like the gas pain I had since surgery. My surgeon can't see me until wednesday and I don't think I can wait that long. Any ideas?? My surgery was 7 monts ago.

THANK YOU                                  Katie

kimberly_gr
on 4/18/11 8:41 am
I'm wondering if it could be a hernia.  The crunches could have made a small, existing one worse.  I think if the pain gets very bad, you may need to go to the ER.  A hernia can be dangerous.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

delaney7
on 4/18/11 8:51 am - WI
that is just how mine felt but come to find out  I had gullstones so have him order you a ultrasound to make sure

good luck
dawn
kmama101
on 4/18/11 8:55 am
Thank you for posting. It seems to get really bad after I eat anything and sometimes after I drink. I had my gallbladder out in 2005 so I no longer have it. It is really bad pain after I eat then  an hour later it starts to subside. Thanks for posting!!

Katie

Ladytazz
on 4/18/11 9:32 am
Could also be an ulcer. Don't hesitate to go to the ER if it persists. You don't want to mess around with severe pain.
lesleybatch
on 4/18/11 12:56 pm - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I've had about four of these "attacks" that last anywhere from 3 to 5 days.  It's a horrible pain between my belly button and my lower breast bone.  I get so bloated that I look pregnant and can barely stand up straight I'm in so much pain.  It doesn't get better or worse after eating though. 

At first I thought it was bad gas too, but when these attacks kept coming  I went to the ER (twice) and they did a CT Scan and took X-rays to check for blockage/kink in my instestines.  They also did extensive blood tests and I was told that nothing was wrong and to schedule an endoscopy to rule out a hernia or ulcer.  I have nothing wrong...but I had one more attack a week after having the endoscopy...I know this is not in my head. 

Before having a colonoscopy, I have an appointment with my surgeon this coming Wednesday (because I've also been getting the shakes on and off around the same time this has been going on so I'm thinking something is going on with my blood sugar levels too).  I'm thinking I might have some form of IBS or celiac disease but I'm not a doctor so we'll see what my surgeon says.   

I do know that I cut down on my carb intake and started to eat gluten free products and I haven't had an "attack" since mid March.  Oh, by the way, I had my gall bladder out in 2007, so it's not gallstones. 

I think you should try to make an appointment with your surgeon as well. 

Good Luck!
:o)Lesley
HW: 281 SW:251 GW:135  

kmama101
on 4/18/11 2:27 pm
Well I decided to go to the ER and everything came back normal. The doc said that my labs look great but the doc said all my intestines and colon were completely full of poop and that I was severly backed up. So he sent me home to take M O M and wait it out. The doc still is not sure if thats what was causing my pain but we will see by tomarrow.... Thanks for responding everyone...

Katie

kahlana
on 4/19/11 10:48 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I had this same pain start about a month ago (same location) after I walked a mile home form work. Now even going up and down stairs starts it up. I too get bloated and look pregnant. So much so that my size 18's that I was going to get taken in wont even button. I am back to stretchy pants again.I had a CT Scan and blood work done and everything came back normal. I am having normal BMs and all that and have been on Prilosec for a week to see if its gas or IBS with absolutely no change. I am now scheduled to meet with a Gastro-enterologist next month. I hope that it gets better for you with the M O M though!
Most Active