Sick and Eating Poorly

Sparklegigi
on 4/21/11 10:57 pm - La Verne, CA
I have had my second cold of the year with a sore throat, today a cough was added.  I have been eating horribly.  I have been eating when I am not supposed to, when I am not hungry too.  I dont really have any sense of my full right now because of my cold and I am doing some good old fashion sabatouge to myself.  It goes to show that this stuff can crop up after I have been doing so well for a year, the old me is still there.
I decided to write down everything I am eating today to not fall into the same trap.
Thanks for listening.

Vivian Prouty
on 4/21/11 11:11 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Good for you to take charge before you have a big re-gain or any re-gain for that matter.    I am so sorry that you are not feeling well.   Since my WLS I almost always have to go see the doctor when I feel poorly.    Seems OTC medicine usually doesn't work for me.   That may just be me though.   Pray you will feel better soon and congrats on getting a handle on things before they get out of hand.  

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Sparklegigi
on 4/21/11 11:19 pm - La Verne, CA
thank you Vivien, have a great day!

Kim S.
on 4/21/11 11:26 pm - Helena, AL
We are always the same obese people--just in remission!  It is not unusual to "hiccup" when you don't feel 100%.  The important thing to remember is that you've developed good habits and while you might stray, you'll always go back to doing what is right.  You've already demonstrated that you've changed your habits by recognizing this "hiccup" and planning on how to fix it.  We are always here to support you too.

Give yourself a little breathing room, get back to logging everything--up the water, and try some hot green tea with lemon.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Kim

Sparklegigi
on 4/22/11 2:30 am - La Verne, CA
thank u I am on my way  to control already!  I drank tea, then my protein coffee, then 1/2 of my water for the day.  I am trying to keep busy unitl my normal breakfast time at 10.  I am then going to the store to get a solid protein, which I was out of yesterday.
Thanks for the encouragement!

Jennifer M.
on 4/21/11 11:35 pm
Hi Sparklegigi...you have been a light to me since I started this process..and still are. Sorry you're sick. Feel better soon. And know that I have every confidence that you are going to do just fine with NOT sabatouging yourself.  You're a gem! You got this!

Sparklegigi
on 4/22/11 2:31 am - La Verne, CA
aww thanks Jennifer, look at you, your weight loss is great, keep up the good work!

Most Active