Looking for some support

nu-mi
on 4/25/11 8:46 am, edited 4/25/11 8:47 am - Gilroy, CA
It has been a while since I've been on the boards but I'm promising myself that I will take time to check in daily. I am 17 months Post-Op, 140 lbs down (it was 150 but I've gained 10 pounds over the last 3 months) and I am owning up to just not eating right and I need to get control before I become one of the negative statistics of WLS. My surgery was super successful, I have had amazing results and I could go on and on about what has contributed to my weight gain (stress, moving, never having enough time) yada, yada but bottom line, I've slacked off on my exercise and I haven't been eating like I should. So I'm taking a pledge to do better and I am going to try and post daily what I eat and hope I get some positive feedback or constructive criticism about how I am doing.

I am so thankful for what this weight loss has brought me but I've noticed how crappy I feel about myself with putting on these 10 pounds. I notice I'm really short with my husband, easily frustrated at my sweet little girl and odds are it's because I'm not happy with myself at this moment, it has nothing to do with them. I need to help myself! :) And I know I can, I just need to get on track. I want to lose 20 more lbs and I know I can do it!!!

So here is to getting back on track, 1 pound at a time, I can do it! :)

1st Goal Reached May 22nd, 2010      
So ready to continue this journey, so ready to reap all the rewards!    
shantele7824
on 4/25/11 9:14 am - SAN PABLO, CA
That is what you have to do stop and reevaluate before it gets to be too late.  You have to get it together and restart you can do it.  I wish you well for the future.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

Alice B.
on 4/25/11 9:17 am - NC
I'm in the same boat with you, I posted last week with my weight gain. I  just started eating junk food again and that is what got me in trouble in the first place. I did start cleaning out all the bad foods from the cabinets and started to write down what I'm eating. I nothiced that I'm getting hungry because of not enough protein. I think that is why I never feel full anymore. I will try to chcek in daily as well. Also getting back to the gym this week. I have 15lbs I want to loose, we can do this we made it throug surgery and have lost more than a 100lbs each 15 and 20 lbs should be a task we can handle...this is a new day..Alice
Alice B                
4catz
on 4/25/11 11:01 am
It would probably be easy for any of us to get into that position.  We all have to be vigilent in our battles with our weight.  I know for me it would be easy to fall into bad habits again.  I have some bad days here and there so really have to stay on it.  Keep coming here to get inspired.  It's why I'm here daily.  Also tracking what I eat daily, even if it is a bad day, really helps because it makes me face the facts.

Surgery Weight: 275
happypeach
on 4/25/11 11:22 am - Rome, GA
I am almost two years out.  I have fluctuated about 10 lbs during the last 6 months.  Alot of that has to do with the fact that I have become more lax with my food choices, the "occasional" sugar turned into a little more ... you know the story.  I've been back on track now for 2 weeks and feel so much better emotionally.  I lost 7 lbs my first week.  I never reached my own personal goal; however did surpass my doctor's goals by far.  My own personal goal would be to drop another 17 lbs.  And, guess what ???? I am going to do it!!!

Don't let 5 lbs turn into 10, then 10 into 20!  That is what got us in trouble.  It is so much easier to lose 10 than to lose 100.  I, personally, just can't go back there and refuse to let obesity creep back into my life.  This is a daily battle, and one that I will be fighting my entire life.  WLS gave me the tool to have a "huge" jump start, and if I take care of my "pouch," it will continue to give me restriction.  But, ultimately after 2 years, it's up to our eating, and exercising habits!  This is my opportunity to enjoy life, be healthy, fit, and grow old "gracefully."

Good luck !

Starting:  370, Current: 198.5, Goal: 190

happypeach
on 4/25/11 11:23 am - Rome, GA
One more thing and the most important factor:  JOURNALIZE, JOURNALIZE, JOURNALIZE!  Keep track of everything you put in your mouth!

Starting:  370, Current: 198.5, Goal: 190

nu-mi
on 4/25/11 1:01 pm - Gilroy, CA
Thank you ladies. :) I am motivated and looking forward to feeling that lovely feeling of being in control and doing something good for myself. :) I will keep you all posted.

Amanda
                                   1st Goal Reached May 22nd, 2010      
So ready to continue this journey, so ready to reap all the rewards!    
Most Active