heard of the book "I want to live' by Dani Hart

Momx4kids
on 4/29/11 9:02 am, edited 4/29/11 9:08 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Grrr my sis is really trying to scare me and not support my decision by telling me about all these real bad horror stories!!!!! My surgery is in 2 weeks and I am already scared enough, but I think I am making the right decision and I certainly don't need this!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 9:28 am - San Jose, CA
Another nutcase trying to make money off of scaring people (see Sue Widemark for another one).  Exploitive exaggerator.  She had a bad experience, and tries to set herself up as a savior by damning ALL bariatric surgery.
Amy R.
on 4/29/11 10:05 am
"LIKE"=What Diana said.    ^^^^^

Fortunately your an adult and you can keep your own counsel.  Now is an appropriate time to do just that.

Hang in.
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/29/11 10:12 am
are they also worried about the horrors in store if you stay obese?  don't listen to them.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

MsBatt
on 4/29/11 10:34 am
The truth is, a few people who have WLS DO have  horrible, life-threatening outcomes. But EVERYONE *****mains MO is eventually going to have some horrible problems unless they die first. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true---how many MO 90 year olds do you know?

If those sorts of problems were COMMON, no reputible surgeon would be doing WLS.
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 11:44 am

Ms. Batt said, "If those sorts of problems were COMMON, no reputible surgeon would be doing WLS."

True words!
Also, there are an awful lot fo good people on this forum who had done well.

My primary care physician told me that if he knew there was a 50/50 chance he would die on the OR table, he would STILL risk having the surgery because the improvement in my quality of life would be worth it.  I still have over 100 pounds to lose and he is right.  My quality of life has ALREADY improved so much, I would say the same thing.

Momx4kids
on 4/29/11 5:00 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
Well I told her tonight that I really don't appreciate what she is trying to do and reminded her that I didn't just make this decision on a wim, it has been 3 yrs. She is finishing her 3rd year nursing and is in her words' just trying to show me what's out there' like I haven't done my homework!  Thank you all for the support I really needed it!!
Rhonda
deboinspace
on 4/30/11 12:52 am - CA
I have been going through the same things the woman who wrote that book did. If it wasn't for her story I wouldn't have known how to talk to my doctor. Keep in mind that her story is true even though not common.
G_bobo
on 9/7/13 8:35 am - Huizingen, Belgium

i second that. Most of the GB surgeries are going good but sometimes it's not and i'm in the same case.

After 4 years of having my distal gastric bypass surgery, i will have it reversed end of this month because of severe health problems for almost two years. So please don't talk down on us who are trying to find help about reversal , it's my experience that people start talking negative about us and calling us names for wanting to reverse it. When you tried everything else and the quality of your life is going worse day by day, you have to make some drastic decissions to litterary survive.

Good luck to everyone who had GB surgery and please know that there's only a small percentage that is experiencing severe problems where reversal is needed , but unfortunatly we exist and we are not crazy

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/11 2:35 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
YES..... That book is what caused me to switch from RNY to Crap Band. It scared the hell out of me.

Now we have people like Jean selling the lap band to people with her book
Most Active