Excercise

Kathleen W.
on 5/27/11 1:44 am - Lancaster, PA
"Losing weight helps you look good in clothes.  Excercise helps you look good naked".(WW pamplet)

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Gloria-Caryl
on 5/27/11 1:50 am
   I hope you're rightMaybe that's why the lady on Dr. Phil show last night hated her body!!! Said her boyfriend hated her excess skin. Has anyone really kept toned after surgery?
Reddheadd7
on 5/27/11 3:11 am - CA
Ya what was up with that guy on Dr. Phil?? What an a$$hole!!! I'd kick that to the curb!

Kathleen W.
on 5/27/11 3:12 am - Lancaster, PA
Excercise is taking care of a lot except for the pelvic area.  Plastic surgery will soon take care of that.   Except for that area,  I can't complain.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 5/27/11 3:22 am
I know a lot of post op women who are toned and don't need plastics after weight loss surgery. Genetics plays a big part, skin elasticity, water intake and exercise post op (and pre -0p). I was 44 when I had my surgery - my doc said I'd need plastics based on my age alone. But with the slow loss (I hated it at the time) and lots of water to keep the skin hydrated and able to shrink back, it looks ok. The exercise tones the muscle underneath stretching the skin over it and making it look more toned and taut. Many post ops don't need any kind of reconstructive surgery post op but for some they had good muscle/skin tone to begin with. Many lose so much or so fast the skin just can't keep up. At 53 I look great in clothes. I don't plan to wear a bikini so any little excess skin areas aren't a big deal. I don't have any medical issues with hanging skin or any rashes, as there just isn't enough. For those who may need plastics farther out - document everything that the excess skin could be causing - rashes, muscle aches, inability to walk correectly or exercise much, etc. It all is needed later when you present your case to insurance to get plastics covered.
Jen 9+ yrs post op
Kathleen W.
on 5/27/11 6:18 am - Lancaster, PA
i've lost to much, and at my age(I'm 56) plastic surgery is my only alternative. I've lost over 180 lbs and barely 5'1.  My weight had no where to go but down. I also have medical documentation for having it done.  Unfortunately, because of many complications right after surgery,  I couldn't excercise,  drink, malnutrition, to name a few,  I'm happy that you were able to avoid it.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active