Poll: What is your favorite Protein Shake

mitzi_from_maui
on 5/27/11 11:13 pm
I am over 5 years post op and still do a protein shake or protein ball made with the shake powder.

I love "Spiruteen" chocolate flavor. You can get at health food stores. It is all natural with a ton of vitamins too. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk.

Still like to try other peoples ideas.
Lisarn1
on 5/27/11 11:31 pm - Raleigh, NC
I don't do the shake thing, but I do mix Jay Robb Whey Protein in oatmeal for breakfast (with 1/2 tbsp splenda Brown, SF Torani Carmel syrup, 1/2 tbsp ground flax seed, and cinnamin), and in Greek Yogurt in the afternoon for my snack. I mostly use vanilla flavored. I have also mixed my protein powder in coffee and SF hot chocolate.

I know that the oatmeal mixture has a lot of carbs, but it is also full of fiber and other great stuff. My job is very active, with lots of stair climbing and walking, and this meal seems to keep me going in the earlier part of the day.

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

mitzi_from_maui
on 5/28/11 4:33 am
wow that sounds great thanks for sharing yummy
msromagnola
on 5/27/11 11:37 pm
I've just now started liking protein shakes - up until now I've just tolerated them.  Vitamin Shoppe strawberry is good just mixed with milk.  I have muscle milk vanilla that I mix with a banana and peanut butter. 

MSROMAGNOLA
mitzi_from_maui
on 5/28/11 4:33 am
hmm they dont have that where I live I will check it out online thanks
spedcon
on 5/28/11 12:07 am
Hi Mitzi!
I don't do them every day anymore but when I do, I use GNC's Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60, chocolate for the most part. I use a Magic Bullet (love it) and put 1/2 the mixer cup with ice, scoop and a half of protein powder, tbl. of either sugar free choc. pudding mix or a sf smoothie mix I buy at Walmart, 1/3 small banana and 3/4 cup of skim or soy milk...whirrrr and yum! Sometimes I add flavored syrups.

I read someone uses Jay Robb powder. I have too and I love it but I have to admit, every time I look at his picture on the tub, I laugh. It talks to me...."look at me, drink my powder and you can be beautiful too", LOL!   Connie
mitzi_from_maui
on 5/28/11 4:35 am

Aloha Connie, yes someone else mentioned smoothie type mixture and add the protein powder with fruit. I think I just freeze the fruit would be even easier to make. Thanks for the suggestion and the suggestion of adding pudding mix.

Lisarn1
on 5/28/11 9:10 am - Raleigh, NC
 LOL I have his label turned to the back of the pantry so I can't see him. 

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/11 12:13 am
 I love the ready to drink Pure Protein. The chocolate peanut butter flavor is great.

When I use a powder, it usually is Isopure vanilla with a scoop of Click vanilla mocha, then some sugar free syrup, mixed with water and a little bit of milk. 

I absolutely love both of those and actually look forward to drinking them. 
mitzi_from_maui
on 5/28/11 4:36 am
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I look foreword to mine too in the afternoon around 3pm it saves me from the afternoon snack attacks. Thanks for sharing
Most Active