Kind of an embarrassing problem... Well... Two.

Anna M.
on 5/30/11 12:05 pm - Manchester, NH
My Obgyn gave me a cream that I use for the rash I get. I alternate between using the cream and baby powder. The key is to keep it dry I was told.

Good luck.

* Starting weight: 383 * Day of Surgery: 363 * Ticker includes weight lost pre-op *
Hislady
on 5/30/11 12:33 pm - Vancouver, WA
Thank you for being brave enough to ask these questions I'm sure others will be glad to have the info too. I agree sounds like you have a yeast infection and need to get proper mediction for it. My mom had this issue for years and she used nystantin (need a prescription) and a blow dryer to keep it dry. A nurse also suggested using pieces of cotton cloth to put between the layers of skin to help absorb the moisture and change them often. Also for your second question Amerimark.com has a comfort wipe for $10 so very affordable. It extends your reach so wiping is easier. Good luck and hopefully you won't even need these things  anymore. Like one of the OPs said do get this documented with a doctors appt. and or pictures so insurance will cover a panni removal later.
spedcon
on 5/30/11 12:49 pm
I'm so sorry someone at work treated you that way. I'm glad others had good suggestions for you. I used to worry all the time about odors.             Connie
VictoriousSecret
on 5/30/11 1:57 pm
I hate your username.  You're NOT unloveable.

Temporarily holding on losing more because I'm gaining!  Pregnant with my first baby (a boy!) due June 2013, after two rounds of IVF.  SO GRATEFUL!

mdolan20
on 5/30/11 2:12 pm - Brick, NJ
agreed...I was thinking that...thank you for saying!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

Sarah_Anne
on 5/30/11 11:18 pm
I was just scrolling down on my way to post the same thing.  PLEASE change it to something else.  Every time you look at that you are reinforcing that you are not lovable.  I know you are.  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
junebug1965
on 5/31/11 1:14 am
I totally agree with VS and that was exactly the first thing I thought when I saw it. Please lift yourself up and chose something you truly are.
Crystal
Tammy H.
on 5/30/11 2:13 pm - Greenville, OH
I get those same rashes under my tummy...I use Walmarts equate brand Athletes Foot spray, the powder one...Clean the area good, and pat it dry...shake can good and spray it on the area...mind you the first time or two it might burn for just a few seconds, but it soon goes away...I then put a prescription powder on that my doctor gives me, but if you cant get a prescription powder try the gold bond powder...

I use this under my breast and armpit area too...Once the rash is gone, I use just the powder...or sometimes I will use the spray every other day along with the powder...Since I use this, I no longer notice that acky smell that you were talking about...

Good luck, I hope all these ideas works for you...Its like a process of elimination until you find what works for your body.

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Elizabeth N.
on 5/30/11 2:20 pm - Burlington County, NJ
For the belly: There is an antifungal medication available from your pharmacist (might need to be ordered, might be behind the counter) called Diabet-X (or maybe -Ex) that will likely be helpful. It's a lotion type delivery method that is especially for larger areas of skin. Works wonders for the under-boob area too.

For the behind: Use a wet flushable wipe and a Butt Buddy, pardon the name: http://www.dynamic-living.com/product/bottom-buddy-toilet-ti ssue-holder#clear .

vivimolly
on 5/30/11 3:05 pm - Rochester , NY
 I see that you have received a lot of very helpful responses to your questions, so I won't address that as I don't have anything else to add there.  But I do just want to say this - please consider changing your username...  

You sound like a lovely person.  Your post shows that you're obviously intelligent and well-spoken.  You've displayed courage and dignity simply by asking your questions and in the manner in which you asked them.  I don't believe that you are either unloveable or a lump and you absolutely deserve better treatment by your co-worker and even by yourself.  

Please be kind to yourself and think about making a change to something that will make you feel good when you see it.  The rest of the world can be tough enough on us without our being so hard on ourselves.  Maybe look at a few names of others to get some ideas?  (Mine makes me smile as it is a combination of names of pets dearly loved but now departed - the "molly" part is also reflected in my avatar)  

Good Luck!  

Vivimolly

Most Active