hello, I just ad surgery may 17th 2011

shelbylawrence79
on 6/4/11 4:06 am - nampa, ID
Hello everyone, I just recently had my gastric bypass and am in need of advice. I am on the pureed stage of my diet and need help with what to eat and maybe some recipes. also I am nervous because when I do eat I dont feel full I pretty much feel the same way, I am never really hungry. I appreciate any help that I can get!!!!!!!!
Elizabeth N.
on 6/4/11 5:24 am - Burlington County, NJ
You need protein first and foremost, but pureed meats might not sit well just yet. Have you tried any protein supplements?

It's very likely that you are not yet getting "messages" from your belly because of all the nerves that were cut/disrupted from surgery. In a little while, as things reconnect, you will get more input from down there. In the meantime, rely on the measurements/volumes you were told to consume and do not overdo. It really blows when you overfill and have to puke :-/.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/4/11 6:33 am
The reason why you are to measure your food is because a lot of people cant tell when they are full.

For recipes:

there is a recipe forum:  forums,  middle column 1/2 way down, click on more>  Recipes is about 1/2 way down in the middle column.

also great resources for recipes:

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/

Winnie

msanson
on 6/4/11 6:42 am - CA
I Had my surgery on the 19 of may and I am to on puree food.. Make sure you get in the protein first !! I drink a 11oz protein shake for breakfast it has 30 grms protein and 0 sugars.. It takes me 2 hours tho..try eating sf puddings,lowfat cottage cheese, fage greek yogurt and refried beans.. I tried some pureed chicken I got it down good just make sure when you puree it's like baby food.. I'm feel the same way as you do!! Just stick to ur plan and you will be fine. I have to eat only 2 to 3 oz at a time=about 1/8 to 1/4 ...good luck!!!
Talk2me
on 6/4/11 3:14 pm - CA
RNY on 11/10/10 with
I ended up eating chicken all blended to a horrible looking paste.  This is the worst part...trust me... just CHEW lol

shelbylawrence79
on 6/4/11 4:43 pm - nampa, ID
thank you guys so much!!!!!!!
Mary Catherine
on 6/5/11 2:45 am
 You might never feel hunger again. I am close to four years and still have never felt hunger.  I do eat because I enjoy food. The physical feeling of hunger comes from the hormone ghrelin comes from the old part of the stomach that is no longer used.
loudlibrarian
on 6/5/11 11:46 am
I had mine on May 16 and found that Subway tuna salad is good and is made with low fat mayo. It has over 20 grams of protein, but it took me about three times to eat the whole serving that would've gone on a six inch.  Good luck!!  It pretty much sucks, but now I am able to start chewing and am doing very well.
shelbylawrence79
on 6/5/11 12:46 pm - nampa, ID
do you ever feel hungry? or like me is it pretty much the same feeling all the time?
loudlibrarian
on 6/5/11 1:00 pm
No, not really.  Especially if I am busy.  I just know that I have to eat in order to get the protein in and not pass out. :) I drink a protein shake when I get up (shaken, not blended, with sweet acidopholous milk, no ice-I've learned a lot these last few weeks and this is how I tolerate them). :)  Then I eat a  little around lunch and a little around supper.  I really need to get some protein bars to have in between.  How long do you have to do pureed?
Most Active