Pure Protein [crosspost]

miss_shavontae
on 6/5/11 3:26 am
has or does anybody drink the Pure Protein brand shakes? i bought a case of the Frosty Chocolate flavor. 35 g of protein in a can. i've never seen anyone post about it so jus wanted to make sure its a good one.

thanks.
Crimson
on 6/5/11 4:07 am - MD
i personally didn't like it. too sweet and left behind a metallic flavor from the can
Susan S.
on 6/5/11 5:04 am - Roselle, NJ
Bought a case before tasting? Never a good idea. If you find it too sweet you can cut it with skim milk or low fat soy milk. Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

miss_shavontae
on 6/5/11 6:54 am
nope, i bought a lot of ready to drink single cans of shakes to try before my pre op diet. i enjoyed the chocolate shakes then bought a case for after surgey. just never heard anybody talk about them so jus wondering who all had. thanks =]
Sandy S.
on 6/5/11 5:19 am
Just had the Pure Protein Powder shake in Frosty Chocolate and I love it.  I have found it in the cans.  Where did you find it?  I'd be willing to try it, myself?  Here's hoping!

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
miss_shavontae
on 6/5/11 6:56 am
got some from the Vitamin Shoppe & the Commissary. i have the powder kind too. its jus easier to grab one lol
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/11 6:44 am
I love the RTD Pure Protein. Right now I have the peanut butter cup and the banana cream (I think that is what it is called). They are good. 
miss_shavontae
on 6/5/11 6:57 am
thanks everybody!
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/11 8:23 am - Beverly, NJ
If you look in todays sunday circular (red plum insert) there is a coupon inster for the powder and the rtd.
WeighingIn
on 6/8/11 5:35 pm, edited 6/8/11 5:36 pm - Simi Valley, CA
I am almost three years out from surgery and I still drink at least one can of Pure Protein ready-made drinks every day. They're the only protein drinks I've ever been able to stand and have been a staple of diet since my surgery.

The Frosty Chocolate is good, but I also like the Cookies 'n Cream, the Banana Creme and the Vanilla ones. Don't care too much for the Strawberry.

I have found them not only at Vitamin Shoppe but also GNC, Trader Joe's and Fresh & Easy. Fresh & Easy has the best prices on them.

Oddly, I have never liked the powdered form of these drinks, only the ready-made ones. But then, I haven't found any protein powders, of any brand or flavor, that I like, either.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1256 views