???Anyone else's nose run when they eat???

mbentz
on 6/6/11 3:46 am - Somerset, PA
I'm dead serious.  I don't have a cold or allergies.  But when I eat, my nose runs.  LOL. What is up with that?  I just wondered if anyone else experienced this.  I feel really stupid asking this , but just wondering.  I could understand if I was eating hot soup or something steamy, but yogurt???? Anyone else???
 HW 282  SW 270  GW 160  CW 150
steve D.
on 6/6/11 3:47 am - West Fargo, ND
Yes,

That is how I know I am full.

Steve

Judi J.
on 6/6/11 3:50 am - MN
it has to do with your vagus nerve. I know for me and my husband, it tapered off after awhile thank goodness
mbentz
on 6/6/11 3:57 am - Somerset, PA

Well, alrighty then!  Lol.  It's nice to know that I'm not alone and there is a reason for it!  Thanks a bunch!

HW 282  SW 270  GW 160  CW 150
k9ophile
on 6/6/11 4:43 am
If my husband or friends hear me sneeze three times, they declare, "You're full!"  Once while at a restaurant I sneezed six or seven times.  The little boy in the booth behind me started sneezing.  He was just a little guy and probably thought it was funny to hear so many sneeezes in a very short time.  His parents were mortified to think he was mocking me, but I thought the whole thing was funny, too.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Laura A.
on 6/6/11 5:06 am - Manteca, CA
Yep, my nose runs every time I eat....and if I get a little too full, the sneezing starts.....and drives me absolutely bonkers!!! 

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 5:07 am
I sneeze, too!  How strange.
M U.
on 6/6/11 5:15 am
I read somewhere that it's called "gastric rhinitis". Some connection between the upper respiratory system and the gastrointestinal system. I had the nose running for a while, but like one other post said, it's tapered off now at 18 mos out.
kathkeb
on 6/6/11 5:23 am
Yes -- it is one of my 'soft stops' ---- a signal that I have had enough.

I think that it is related to the pressure that food puts on the upper stomach/pouch.
Kath

LovemyWLS
on 6/6/11 5:53 am - Midwest City, OK
I'm a sneezer.  I get to full and I sneeze.
Most Active