progress

bigmetfan38
on 6/25/11 5:42 am - los osos, CA
Revision on 07/15/14
 my surgery date was 2/10/11 . . . it's now 6/25/11, so that's 19 weeks and 2 days . . . 135 days . . . what a difference! i have been feeling stuck lately, because obviously when you have less weight to lose, it's going to come off more slowly.  
so, whenever i get stuck, i will (after getting totally frustrated) often remember to measure myself to see if i have lost inches because i'm not losing pounds. i have been between 194 and 191 for about a month now, so needless to say, i'm very frustrated. i'm still working out all the time, and i'm still fanatical about what i'm eating. so even if it's not showing in the scale, it's definitely showing in the inches. i'm really happy about these numbers! 

weight 270                              weight 222                             weight 191

chest:                      50                                            46                                          42
waist:                      51.5                                          46                                          39.5
hips:                        52                                            46                                           42
neck:                       18                                             16                                          14.5
thighs:                      25.5                                         24                                           22
calves:                      18                                            15                                           14
arms:                        15.5                                         14                                           13
forearms:                  12                                          10                                           10

i can add a new category to this, my sizes. 

pants size                 50/28 (mens)                        42/28                                       36/28
underwear                xxl                                        large                                        medium
bra                           48d                                        46c                                          38c
shirts                       xxxl                                       xl                                             large

i have never been able to wear a bathrobe before because when i would wear one that went around my belly, it would be so long it would go under my feet, and then the tie would never stay closed unless i double knotted it, and then it would actually hurt when i would sit down in it! i now can wear a bathrobe (at a hotel recently for our anniversary, i wore a robe that said "one size fits most"! woooo hoooo! 

although the skin is not pretty right now, i am very happy with what's going on. i make sure i drink at least 80 oz of water (i hear that's supposed to help with the skin) have ALL my protein (also for skin and hair - which i'm continuing to lose tons of hair even though i have between 75 and 120 grams of protein daily). i work out my arms daily (i have to demonstrate arm exercises at work for my patients, so i just do them with them) and do all kinds of walking (over 10k steps per day, plus walking on the treadmill)

i'm just literally, working my ass off! lol. when in my lifetime have i ever been able to say that i was about 40 pounds overweight? NOW!

hercules411
on 6/25/11 7:58 am, edited 6/25/11 7:59 am
Good job on the journey.  Two things that always kept me going with the sheer numbers of pounds I lost dropped to a trickle.

#1. I  took time occasionally to think what percentage of my weight I lost instead of pounds.

#2. I also learned that my body doesn't always run on the same calendar that I hang on the wall. I ate the  same number of calories each day for months and months. Mostly I lost. Some weeks I didn't. and there was even a week or two that I gained a couple pounds. It's just the way it was. But I knew I was doing what I was supposed to. So it was OK.

Good luck.
Max wt. 500+  WLS workshop  4/6/09 440 Surgery  9/21/09  324   9/21/10  218
Save $4 on Obesity Help magazine subscription using promo code: HERCULES
www.obesityhelp.com/store/action,addtocart/itemId,1/pcode, hercules /

newmerightnow
on 6/25/11 9:14 am - AK
  Congratulations!
I can’t wait until I am where you are at.

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/11 9:53 pm
I REALLY appreciate your posts! I'm two days from surgery and it's wonderful to read positive comments and success I'll take your advice to heart!
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1544 views