WETEO'S (Whatcha Eating Today Everyone)???

happypeach
on 7/7/11 11:25 am - Rome, GA

Since getting back from vacation last week, I've lost track of everyone and everything!  What have I missed?  Lisa, where are you, and what in the world has happened in your world sweetie?  I can tell from previous posts and your absence that something is wrong.  I will pray for you whatever is going on in Iyour world and big hugs!!!!!!!

I have missed posting.  OMG, not only does it help me be accountable for what I eat and keep track of calories, carbs, etc., I also miss sharing my up's and down's with my fellow surgery sistahs and brothers. 

Today I had my two year check up with surgeon.  WOW .... these two years have flown by.  I was down 4 lbs from when I weighed last; which I was thrilled about since I spent 7 glorious days on the beach with a "not-so-rigid" eating or drinking plan.  However, all in all I must have done pretty good!  My surgeon was so excited with my progress, my lab work and my maintenance.  I have finally accepted that I am probably at my body's desired weight even though I would love to get off another 10 lbs.  If only I could get this "skin" removed ... that would probably be the 10 lbs ....... giggles!

Just a short synopsis of what has been going on with me.  I met a "man" about 4 weeks ago that really "sweeped me off my feet."  However, I have been proceeding with LOTS OF CAUTION!!  I have become so protective of my heart and it really takes a helluva man to burst through this gate.  I have been really worried about the relationship progressing to the "intimate" stage because I have NOT been intimate since my surgery 2 years ago, and am so self-conscious of my "skin."  Don't get me wrong ..... I am so THANKFUL for this miracle that WLS has given me; however, financially I am not able to FINISH what I've started (i.e., removal of extra skin).   Anyway ..... I don't have to worry about that for now ... the short-lived "relationship" has already shown its true colors ... hahaha!  If you just give relationships the time they deserve before jumping into the physical stage, generally you'll find out if the person is "for real" or just feeding you a line of "BS."  I always ask God to "protect my heart" and not allow anyone or anything to jeopardize my healthy journey.  This journey is not only about physical health, but mental, emotional and spiritual.  So, to say the least, God took care of the sorry ass and has revealed to me that he isn't the one for me!  I am now so thankful that I didn't allow something crazy to happen before I got to know the real "him."  Sorry, just had to unload! One thing this showed me though, was that I do need love in my life again .....!

Eats:

B:  2/3 c. salmon

L:  2 oz. turkey, banana

D:  lite beer, a little spinach dip and chips from
Applebee's and a Oriental Chicken Salad (ate half).

HAVE A GREAT WEEK YAW'LL !!!! 

Starting:  370, Current: 198.5, Goal: 190

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 12:54 pm, edited 7/7/11 12:55 pm - CA
 B- chocolate almond butter protein smoothie
L- 3 oz chicken satay
D- Pumpkin pie protein shake

Calories 586  
Total Fat 22.5 g 35%
   Saturated Fat 1.9 g 10%
   Trans Fat 0 g  
   Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g