Weight gain and building muscle and stalls

bridget B.
on 7/14/11 2:39 am
Well...I actually weighed 179...then slowly creeped up to 185 this morning.  I haven't changed anything except my exercise.  I'm riding a bike...alot!  My diet has been great...counting my calories too.  Getting 1000-1200.  So, I guess I'm building muscle.  That's the only explaination I can think of.  I'm not retaining any significan****er either.  So...what do you all think.  Could it be a type of stall??

OT:  Our Facebook group has grown to 500 people.  Feel free to check us out.  We are a 'closed group' though.  So, it's private unless you're a member.  The direct link is found below.  Maybe I'll see you there ;-)  We feel it's a great compliment to OH.

Bridget Fortune Burns

crystal M.
on 7/14/11 3:03 am - Joliet, IL
You will know for sure if your jeans still fit the same or lose or if you have been taking your measurements.  I haven't been losing much weight lately but I am still losing the same amount of inches every month. 
MacMadame
on 7/14/11 4:57 am - Northern, CA
It's extremely unlikely you gained 5 pounds of muscle in a short time especially if you only increased your cardio (biking) and are not doing significant weight training and also eating so few calories and also being a woman.

Are you getting enough water? watching your sodium intake? Getting enough protein (i.e., 70-100 g a day minimum)? Those are all things that can impact your weight and cause a stall or even a slight gain.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Susan S.
on 7/14/11 5:03 am - Roselle, NJ
Agree with previous poster. Biking alone will do great things for you but it won't build muscle (I was a serious cyclist for two years with weight training three days a week etc.) to that extent without serious effort It's probably hormonal or dietary water weight changes. Keep doing what you're doing if you're adhering to a good eating plan.....if carb creep is occurring (it happens to all of us) that can easily explain fluctuations like this. Increase your fluids.....and keep moving! Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Kathy S.
on 7/15/11 2:06 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Make sure you are logging all your foods and drinks.

Change things up, if you have been bike riding do something different.  Your body gets use to things and slows down.

If you are not doing any weights please do so, the more muscle you put on the more you burn.

Up your protein

Drink more water

Take measurements and use those and how your clothes fit more than a number on the scale.

Good luck!!

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active