Pre op- what else can I have

Gloria-Caryl
on 8/4/11 6:11 am
 I'm bored with ;jello, whey protein, popsicles. broth and water. Is there anything else I've forgotten? I have to shink my liver in two weeks.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/4/11 7:02 am - Burlington County, NJ
V8, clamato or tomato juice.

I think liquid diets are needless torture and should be abandoned, but don't drop your surgeon's protocol just because of my opinion.

I spent about six weeks preop on a rather regimented system of protein supplement mixed into some yogurt and a bit of protein granola for breakfast, meal replacement for lunch and Lean Cuisine or something similar plus veggies for dinner. Lost a little over fifteen pounds and did what the surgeon wanted it to do, I guess.

twellington1
on 8/4/11 8:18 am - NH
My doctor has told me I can have cream of wheat/rice, smooth yogurt, milk, cream soups (strained) I have been eating V8 soups (I like the butternut squash and cream of broccoli the best), sugar free puddings and custards, unsweetened applesauce, baby foods (bananas, pears, blueberries.  I add unflavored protien to everything including milk.  Hope that helps...when is your surgery?
Gloria-Caryl
on 8/4/11 8:33 am
 Thanks so much, I was getting weak. my surgery is the 15th- wish you all were there with me
twellington1
on 8/4/11 8:45 am - NH
Good luck!! Mine is on the 29th so I have not had to start the 2 week preop diet yet but I have been cutting way back to prepare for it. 
jenysez1
on 8/4/11 8:36 am - LA
I feel for you.  I am on week 2, but my doctor only allows the things you have stated.....but I am going crazy, I did stray a fee times, just protein no carbs.  I did breakdown and eat some healthy choice tomato soup.  I thought my 3 mth supervised diet was hard, but this one kicked me in the butt.  I have one week left.  I honestly have been trying to sleep alot or stay real busy.  It does get better by day 4....well at least in my case.

Jenny

Gloria-Caryl
on 8/4/11 8:47 am
   Thanks Jenny, glad to know I'm not alone. I just ate some asparagus with my broth, made me feel better. I have really bad back problems and can't do much, so I've been laying on a heat pad. Hope my cheating doesn't ruin things. are you getting constipated? what should I take?
jenysez1
on 8/4/11 9:28 am - LA
It wont last long, I have the runs...lol

I have been taking tylenol pm like crazy...lol

Jenny

hollykim
on 8/9/11 2:58 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
u r doing good but for future reference,tomato soup is full of carbs from the tomatoes,just sayin...
H

jenysez1
on 8/9/11 4:27 am - LA
I didnt even think about that.  I only had it twice in the pass 2 weeks. Happy you said this and I read it before I ate it again.

thanks Jenny

Most Active