Peeling Skin

Keldriv
on 8/14/11 12:39 pm - Fair Play, SC
Does anyone's excess skin peel real bad. Mine is. Under my belly fold exspecially. What do you do for yours. I do powder after shower and lotion.
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
Mary Catherine
on 8/14/11 12:52 pm
 Exfoliate. I just bought a washcloth at Walmart for $2.00 that does a great job.  The dead skin cells build up and adding lotion is sort of like making pie dough. You need to get that powdery dead skin out of there, dry well, and then use lotion.
Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/14/11 1:04 pm - Belleville, IL
Mine does (peel) but not from the WLS, from Dermatomyositis... I use a prednisone cream and also just some nice Jojoba oil (massage oiks). Forgivbe the typing, I am flaring right now!

Alot of people recommend Gold Bond medicated powder too.

Warmly,
Jackie

JEllen
on 8/14/11 2:03 pm - Capital Region, NY
To deal with moisture after shower... in addition to towel drying I use my hair dryer... at times I use corn startch which is less likely to irritate than perfumed talcum powders.

You may want to try a product called "GLIDE" ... I know... I know.. it feel strange asking for a product that RUNNERS use to prevent friction issues. But believe me... it is wonderful stuff and may help your irritated skin issues. 

Also... document... all these problems you are having. Go to the Doctor... All of this helpful in time if you NEED to have surgery to remove the excess skin!

hope you find something that works for you....

vervetoloose
on 8/15/11 1:00 am
I would start documenting it. Take pictures, see your PCP and let him prescribe something....In the future you may want a panniculectomy?  or even a TT ?

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

Most Active