water or protein???

christi R.
on 10/8/11 5:27 am - OH
 Hi everyone. I am 4 days post surgery(lapro RNY) and I am having a lot of difficulties getting my liquids in b/c I am making sure I drink my protein shakes? What is more important? I see my doctor on Wednesday for my post surgery appt. 

Christi
What the mind believes, the body can achieve
10/04/2011~ The first day of the rest of my life.....

Ladytazz
on 10/8/11 5:34 am
Fluids are more important but remember that you are getting fluids in with the protein drinks, too.  They count towards your daily intake.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/11 5:55 am
OK, first of all what do you mean by protein shakes?  My protein "shakes" are the consistency of water, made with water and powder (Syntrax Nectar).  So, if they are thicker than water, switch to one like mine.  then you can sip your protein the entire day and get in your water at the same time.  Yes, you can go a few days without protein but it's best not to do it that way.  You need to get used to the protein because your body will need it! 

Best,

Chris

poet_kelly
on 10/8/11 6:50 am - OH
Your protein shakes are liquid, right?  So you can get liquid and protein in one drink!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Elizabeth N.
on 10/8/11 6:59 am, edited 1/2/12 10:44 am - Burlington County, NJ

Most Active