My surgery is tomorrow and I am scared now more than ever.

dsermons
on 10/10/11 6:45 am - Austell, GA
Hello All,
 My surgery is tomorrow and I am having a weakth of emotions now. i am scared and yet happy. Not sure what to do wabout this feeling

Caitlyn_Cat
on 10/10/11 7:08 am
 Deep breath.  You've no doubt worked hard to get to this point.  try to relax this evening and set two alarm clocks to make sure you don't oversleep!

Height: 5'5" / HW: 223 / SW: 196 / GW: 125 reached 12/22/2011 / CW: 121    
dsermons
on 10/10/11 7:29 am - Austell, GA
thanks so muc I appreciate that
obesedude
on 10/10/11 7:20 am
Your entitled to your emotions and I think its good you are experiencing them.  Do know though, you are undergoing a relatively safe surgery and I'm sure you researched your doctor, so you know you are in good hands.  We are all rooting for you dude!
dsermons
on 10/10/11 7:30 am - Austell, GA
Thanks that means alot!
jenysez1
on 10/10/11 7:28 am - LA
I think everyone feels this way, its normal.  You will be fine.  Keep positive thoughts.  try to keep yourself busy.  good Luck you will do great.

Jenny

dsermons
on 10/10/11 7:30 am - Austell, GA
thanks
NoMore B.
on 10/10/11 7:39 am, edited 10/10/11 7:39 am
 It would be crazy for you not to be scared.  Everyone of us who had WLS have gone through the same thing.

Just keep in mind that the risks of remaining morbidly obese are far greater than the risks of surgery.  It's just that by staying obese the problems happen over time, and having surgery puts a specific time and date to your worry.  Try to relax tonight, I know it's not easy.  Do something nice for yourself, have a calm night, and it will go by before you know it.

Best wishes to you
dsermons
on 10/10/11 8:00 am - Austell, GA
Thanks so much for your support
Judi J.
on 10/10/11 7:53 am - MN
Hang in there. If you are really nervous tomorrow you could let the anesthesiologist know and they can give you some drugs to calm you down. My husband woke up from his RNY having a panic attack cause he'd been so scared. They had to give him some horse pills to knock him out. We wish he'd taken something beforehand.

Best of luck and be sure to let us know how it went!!
Most Active