Who is the best surgeon?

Tri_harder
on 10/12/11 9:58 am
I want my stomach sewn back together.  Who is the best surgeon?  thanks, Tri
MsBatt
on 10/12/11 10:11 am
Do you want to revise to a different WLS, or do you want a complete take-down?

I suggest you talk to Dr. Keshishian in CA---he's VERY good at putting stomachs back together.
poet_kelly
on 10/12/11 10:25 am - OH
Sewn back together?  It's in two pieces now, or what?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ladytazz
on 10/12/11 10:35 am
Are you looking for a reversal or a revision?
I read your profile and it sounds like you are struggling with your weight.  If you have a reversal you would most likely gain weight.
The first thing you need to do is get scoped so you can find out the status of your current surgery.  From there you can see if you have had a mechanical failure and need to be revised.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

glzgowlass
on 10/12/11 10:57 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with

I read in your profile that you eat healthy, but eat more than the RNY allows for success.  It may benefit you to visit the DS board and check out the information they can give you.  I'm not a believer in WLS being a one size fits all type of thing, but reading some of your blog, you might benefit from revision rather that reversal which isn't that simple. (so I"ve read)

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

MsBatt
on 10/12/11 11:36 am
Yes, please do check out the DS board. I read your profile and I agree that the DS sounds like a better 'fit' for you. I eat 2500-3000 calories a day with my DS, and I'm maintaining easily at 8 years out.

Pre-op, I was *always* hungry. Always. Since my DS, I now have 'normal' hunger.
Yehuda G.
on 10/12/11 12:00 pm
From reading your profile, I agree that you should consider revision to the DS rather than just a reversal. With the DS that crazy hunger will be a thing of the past. You will still have plenty of hunger, but it will be normal hunger. And with the malabsorbtion those pistachios will be a perfect snack as most of the calories are from fat - the DS malabsorbs ~80% of fat calories.www.dssurgery.com/about/publications/duodenal-switch-safe-op eration.pdf
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 1:03 pm - MN
DS on 03/13/12
I noticed you have that your in Wisconsin, if thats the case you could try the university of minnesota. I know Dr. Buchwald does revisions and he is in Minneapolis.
Nic M
on 10/12/11 1:24 pm
I can tell you who to AVOID: kemmerling in Green Bay.

Drs. Engstrand, Burhop and Chiang in Waukesha are good surgeons from what I've heard. I can't speak from experience since I didn't have any of them perform surgery on me. I have met all three and would feel confident in any of them, however.

http://www.bariatricwi.com/surgeon_profiles.asp

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

metoo25
on 10/14/11 12:56 am
 you can research Dr. Quinlin at Pittsburgh pa St. Margaret hospital Pittsburgh pa  he is very well known and has reversed some of these. He did my Lapland and did a wonderful job. Wish you the best.
Most Active