Stacy11
on 10/25/11 12:23 pm
Hello all, I have  been lurking on these posts for several days, I just had my surgey Oct  6th (about 3 weeks ago)   I have felt great up until yesterday when i pureed strongoff Stupid move :( I ended up going to bed I never dumped but felt horrible. I woke up today and drank instead of eating the protein and here it is  8pm the following night and I still dont feel so hot. Any suggestions? How long does it stay in the system and make you feel horrible? I appreciate any advise and friendships here I can get.

Thanks Stacy
JAADE
on 10/25/11 12:36 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
I wish I could help! Have you tried the RnY board?
Kathleen W.
on 10/25/11 1:15 pm - Lancaster, PA
If you're still feeling rotten tomorrow, you might want to call your surgeon.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

trafficdonna
on 10/25/11 11:28 pm
If it was the stroganoff, it should have cleared your system by now.  Try going back to clear liquids for 24 hours.  You won't die from the lack of protein in that time (we didn't when we had the flu before surgery did we?).  Give your stomach time to calm down.

Then I suggest nothing but pureed soup and your protein shakes for another day.  I was not trying to puree real food until six weeks out.
This too will pass, like a kidney stone but it will pass!
Stacy11
on 10/26/11 11:10 am
 Thanks I feel much better today and had follow up appt surgeon said pouch is swollen that is why I had pain 
Most Active