Sleeping pill??

littleskie
on 11/14/11 3:53 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I've tried trazadone. I seem to have an allergy or a reaction to it. I immediately get stuffed up and can't breathe thru my nose. Which is bad since I still use my cpap and its a nasal mask. I use ambien. Make sure that there is nothing that will wake me up during the night and I take it at bedtime. Making sure that I will be able to fall asleep within five minutes of taking the pill.

I also play music on itunes on my computer. I varies the music enough so that unless there is an emergency I will sleep thru it. If there is an emergency my son wakes me and I am fully awake immediately. Tho later when the adrenalin wears off I am soooo sleeepy. I will be sleepy all day until I can get an actual nap. Then I will be fine.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

jlflbf
on 11/14/11 4:33 am - Shore Area, NJ
Do you take the regular Ambien? or CR?

Did it take time to build up in your system so you could stay asleep?

I went to sleep just fine- but woke up 3 hours later and couldn't really fall back into a deep sleep.

It i quiet in my house- nothing woke me up- just not able to sleep.
MacMadame
on 11/14/11 6:01 am - Northern, CA
If you have RnY, then time-release meds won't work for you. Did you have the time-release version of Ambien or the regular?

My doctor prescribed trazadone and melatonin for me. The melatonin is to fall alseep and the trazadone is to stay asleep and the combo works quite well.

I used it for 2 weeks in the beginning to get my sleep cycles back to normal and now I just use it occasionally when I go to sleep and can't fall asleep right away.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

jlflbf
on 11/14/11 8:24 pm - Shore Area, NJ
I've tried melatonin and have had no luck...do you think it is the combo that makes it work?

Thank you :)
MacMadame
on 11/15/11 3:29 am - Northern, CA
It could be. I have taken the seperately though. I think with melatonin, the big issue I have is knowing how much to take! If I am taking it alone, I take more than if I am taking it with the trazadone and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

beth-28
on 11/14/11 9:37 am
Try temazapam. Cheap and it works. It is a prescription.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

jlflbf
on 11/14/11 8:25 pm - Shore Area, NJ
That's one I haven't heard of- I will ask my Dr about it...what dose are you taking and do you take it at bedtime?

Thank you
beth-28
on 11/15/11 3:05 pm
I take 1 capsule (30mg) at bedtime. I have been an insomniac for over 15 years. It started whan I had children. I would wake up in the middle of the night to check on them because they were premature, and I never slept a full night ever since.

I've tried Ambein, Ambein CR. restoril, lunesta, and finally my doctor put me on temazepam. Like I said, it works and is cheap. I have no side effects from it. I don't have that"hungover" feeling, so I like it.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

jlflbf
on 11/15/11 8:42 pm - Shore Area, NJ
I will check into it...Thank you :) I like the cheap part too!!
Harley Q.
on 11/14/11 8:29 pm - Central, NJ
Hello,

Please very very careful with the drug as it is addictive.  There are many sleeping aids on the market that are non-addictive and completely safe.  With gastric bypass, we need to be very careful with transference and addictive substances.  I am in recovery for a prescription addiction and have seen and heard HORROR stories about the drug ambien.  It is no joke, please use caution...
Most Active