Weight Gain 3 yrs out...Is DS broken?

ArielSanders
on 11/23/11 11:56 am - houston, TX
I havent gained much weight maybe 5 to 7lbs..But boy have i gain fat in my midsection...and love handles..WTH....Been stressed with a job change and started eating NOTHING but CARBS for about a month.

Is my DS broken? Can we brake it?
Ms Shell
on 11/23/11 12:10 pm - Hawthorne, CA
You can break ANY surgery if you are eating "NOTHING but CARBS."  Cutting to the chase...go BACK to what you know and everything will level off and be fine.  Don't and you'll undo ALL your hard work.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

ArielSanders
on 11/23/11 12:14 pm - houston, TX
thank you much for the info..Im going to do better
lovemypugs
on 11/23/11 12:11 pm - VA
Stop eating carbs and you'll lose the weight. Your mid section could be bloated from eating too many carbs.

Duodenal Switch on February 21, 2011

Surgery weight: 276; Current weight: 122; Height: 5'5

Plastics scheduled for 10/3/14: BL/BA, LBL, TL

ArielSanders
on 11/23/11 12:15 pm - houston, TX
thanks for the reply, so the carbs will help make my midsection fatter? wow..
Ladytazz
on 11/23/11 12:11 pm
 Five to seven pounds?  That was Thanksgiving dinner for me pre op.
No, your DS isn't broken but eating carbs will cause you to gain weight because refined carbs are absorbed 100%.  That isn't new, it's always been that way.  Eat a high protein, high fat diet and you will probably see those pounds disappear since those are well malabsorbed.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

ArielSanders
on 11/23/11 12:19 pm - houston, TX
LOL, I hear you...

Lately been binge eating and stressed from a job change and in less than a month Ive gone from 173lbs (still tight from a lower body lift June 09) to a flabby midsection with only gaining to 186lbs.

Im like really?

I'm trying to cut down on the carbs guess im going cold turkey, which is sure to be hard considering tomorrow.
goodkel
on 11/23/11 12:27 pm
Keep your carbs under 100 grams/day. The weight should start dropping. If not, go lower in 25 gram increments.

Binge on bacon, cheese, nuts, jerky. You can eat protein all day as much as you want. Eat plenty of fat, it will make you feel too full to want to binge on carbs.

Start on Friday, silly.

Good luck!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

ArielSanders
on 11/23/11 12:48 pm - houston, TX
Hey You!

Thanks, im trying to get it going again...Glad to see you still on the board!!!!
goodkel
on 11/23/11 1:03 pm
The villagers have tried chasing me away with lighted torches, but I refuse to budge because I look lovely by candlelight. I'm going to keep paying it forward whether they like it or not.

Other than the recent gain, you've done very well and this is just another growing pain that you'll work out.

Nice to see you! Don't be a stranger.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Most Active