MY SLEEVE SURGERY IS DONE!

ShirleyShanahan
on 12/3/11 4:19 am - VA
 My Gastric Sleeve surgery was on December 1st and was a complete success. I had a few set backs, but nothing to do with the actual surgery itself. I was set to be released from the hospital yesterday, but the radiology department was backlogged. I finally got my x-ray to see if there were any leaks around 3:30 yesterday afternoon, and the results didn't get to my surgery until 6:30 last evening - NO LEAKS!  As a result, my doctor felt that another night in the hospital wouldn't be such a bad thing for me. I reluctantly agreed. Besides, he is my doctor. Just prior to my husband leaving the hospital to go home last night, he noticed my are swelling around my IV. Seems my IV came out of my vein and was seeping into the surrounding tissues. That wasn't so bad, because they took it out, put a warm compress on it, and I was so much more mobile after that! I'm now sitting in my own home, enjoying my own bed, and getting pampered by my husband. Life is so good! By the way, my pain level NEVER went above a 5! GOD IS SO GOOD!

grdn_grl
on 12/3/11 4:50 am
Great, congrats on having a relatively uneventful surgery - and it sounds like you have great support at home!!! I'll be sleeved on December 19 - good luck in your recovery!!
Linda_S
on 12/3/11 11:34 am - Eugene, OR
Congratulations!  You're at the start of an amazing journey!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

my_second_chance
on 12/3/11 12:35 pm - TX
congratulations!!! that's so good to hear, i'm going to be sleeved on the 22nd. there have been so many who have posted all the difficulties they've had. which has made me a little nervous. it's great to hear someone has had a smooth process. no horror story. i pray you will continue having such a smooth experience. so excited for you!
Christy     
SheSparksATL
on 12/3/11 9:15 pm
 My date is the 22nd as well. Let's stay in touch.
cara_chapel
on 12/6/11 3:40 am
I go on the 15th.  Wish me luck!  :-)
 Cara

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it." — 
Terry Pratchett (Monstrous Regiment)  

So Blessed!
on 12/6/11 3:42 am

Great news!  I hope your recovery continues to go well.
Most Active