HELLO OH PTB:

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/15/11 4:04 am
Something more specific than:

"The moderator left these comments:
Your post on the ObesityHelp Message Board has been moderated. Please review the Terms Of Services. Member Services

Your post is currently unapproved."

Would really be helpful.

Elizabeth N.
on 12/15/11 7:15 am - Burlington County, NJ
Not good enough. You need to COMMUNICATE TO THE COMMUNITY what is going on and what is expected.

And no, I am not going to make my future suggestions in private. I will make them IN PUBLIC, where they BELONG, so that THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION. And if you make them disappear, that, too, will be publicized, so that the community knows what is being done under cover.

THAT is how a viable Internet community works. Internalize that concept, "Member Services," and OH just MIGHT climb off the third page of Google hits on relevant search terms. (You do know that is public information and not sharing of secrets, yes?)

You've screwed up your public image with unnecessary secrecy and absolutely incredible ineptitude with the basics of Internet communication. I would like to see this place CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.

If that were not so, I would not be the most prolific poster on this board right now and I would for darned sure not be investing my valuable and limited time here. I would be setting up a COMPETING BUSINESS. But no, I am VOLUNTEERING my efforts here. Who among your "Member Services" can say as much?

I didn't think so.

MsBatt
on 12/15/11 8:26 am
On December 15, 2011 at 6:49 AM Pacific Time, Member Services wrote:
When a thread is removed from our message boards, the original poster is notified of the removal and the reason.  We will submit your suggestion to our IT Department for their consideration.  

For any future suggestions you would like to make, please submit them to us directly at 
[email protected].  Receiving your suggestions by e-mail will make sure we can forward to appropriate staff for review.

Thanks!

ObesityHelp Staff

NOT SO.

You just pulled a thread of mine, and I got no notification. These things need to be done IN PUBLIC, right here where everyone can see them.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/15/11 12:31 pm - Burlington County, NJ
It was the removal of your thread that prompted this one.

MsBatt
on 12/15/11 12:54 pm
On December 15, 2011 at 8:31 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:
It was the removal of your thread that prompted this one.
I figured as much.
Judi J.
on 12/15/11 8:39 am - MN
Did Diana get banned again? That is a huge loss for helpful assistance around here
Denise M.
on 12/15/11 8:51 am
I hope to hell not!!!   

She may be blunt and in your face at times, but that is more than offset by the advice and support she gives.  And sometimes that is the only way to get the point across.

Diana was instrumental in helping a woman on the Revisions board who has been denied, denied, denied finally get approved for a revision to DS.  And that's just one recent example.

It'll be a huge disservice to the WLS community if OH chases off those experienced people who are doing their best to educate the rest of us and pay it forward.  

I certainly hope that's not the case.

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 9:23 am, edited 12/15/11 9:23 am - TX
 I hope not!  

She's one of the most helpful and caring people on here.  That would be this site cutting off their collective noses to spite their collective faces.
MsBatt
on 12/15/11 12:10 pm
Yes. (*sigh*)
Judi J.
on 12/15/11 12:28 pm - MN
well that blows big time
Most Active